IGNORED

Has anyone ever?.

wEst
Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tee'd off on a short par 3 with a putter, I had overdrove one with my p-wedge, and my 9 iron, i tried my putter and birdie'd it.

In My NEW Bag:
Driver: 360 Ti
Woods, Hybrids, Wedges & Irons: Acuity Hiper Max
Big Bertha 7 Wood
Putter - P52 Chipping Putter: Flag AttackShoes: FootJoyBall: NXT Tour, D2Glove: Warbird 2

Either Ben Hogan or Sam Snead (I think it was Snead) did at Pebble Beach once on a par-3. The wind was up to about 50 mph and people were hitting the ball all over, so he teed off with a putter, hit it down the cart path on purpose, took free relief from the path, chipped on and putted for par. Others were recording 6s and up because of the wind.

I've hit a putter off the tee just to be funny, but I'll tell you what I've used as a serious option before: Dunlop made these little $15 Wal-Mart clubs called a "chipping iron" for a few years. I'm starting to see things advertised called "chipping putters" nowadays that look like the same thing. They basically have an offset shaft and what looks like a putter head on the end, except the head is grooved and has the loft of a 7-iron. I hit that thing straighter than any of my irons. It's perfect from about 140 down to 100; the only disadvantage is I can't spin it.

Jess

Either Ben Hogan or Sam Snead (I think it was Snead) did at Pebble Beach once on a par-3. The wind was up to about 50 mph and people were hitting the ball all over, so he teed off with a putter, hit it down the cart path on purpose, took free relief from the path, chipped on and putted for par. Others were recording 6s and up because of the wind.

LOL - Awesome

. I wanna see somebody doing this on the Players 17th - boucing it over the water and making birdie!!!

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

After Jean van de Velde had spectacularly failed to win the 1999 Open Championship, he returned later in the year to make a publicity film for a putter company. He played the 18th from tee to green with a putter.

He scored a 5.

I never done it, but have seen people do it. However, if you care at all about you putter you won't do it. The putter shaft is not meant to be swung hard and I have seen a couple bend from hitting it with a more normal swing.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Saw a dumb tip in a golf mag recently where someone (Flick maybe?) said you should practice trying to hit a green with all 14 clubs. I right away thought "that is going to ruin a lot of putters."

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

John Daly hit his around 200 yards.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I'm 6'1" and use a 34" putter (I like to hunch over quite a bit).
I don't think I could even hit the ball if I used a full swing with my putter!

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Never evens crossed my mind, except for when I see that Accenture commercial with Tiger Woods teeing off with a putter because his caddy knocked his bag in the water.

It just doesn't seem practical.
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

I have a chipping putter, I love it.

I'm not worried about my old Dunlop Putter, I need a new one anyways.

In My NEW Bag:
Driver: 360 Ti
Woods, Hybrids, Wedges & Irons: Acuity Hiper Max
Big Bertha 7 Wood
Putter - P52 Chipping Putter: Flag AttackShoes: FootJoyBall: NXT Tour, D2Glove: Warbird 2

LOL - Awesome

There was a "worlds worst golfer" contest in the 80's I think where some guy had to hit down the cartpath to get around the hazard after dumping about 20 balls into the water on the 17th at Sawgrass (Nationally televised). There was an article about it recently in some golf mag I saw.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!