IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I despise Raul and Jameica.

Agreed.

Wasn't Peach using a club as alignment guide during the first tee shot on the par 3? Just throwing it out there... Campbell's ("one team will be eliminated") and Ashes (made clutch 15-footer in clip showing what is upcoming in the show; fell down in (I presume) happiness after receiving ball) won't get the strike. I'd wager that Peach and Jay are going home. We'll see... EDIT (10:52 PM): I was wrong about Peach and Jay, so it looks like Team Boring/Uber-Competitive is going home. Also looks like Charlotte is breaking her "no crying" rule.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

It's going to be Raul and Jemeica. The Ashle*s and Peach and Jay are finished with their challenges before the final commercial break. I highly doubt there will be a disqualification.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I thought this show would be better, but I just can't get into it. I liked BBK much better. I wish Andy and Parker would have stayed .

I am glad that...

R&J; are GONE!!!

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

Tonight's observations:

• Keri Murphy has to go. She's just awful. Way too many affectations. "3, 2, 1 GO!"
  • Eff Jay. I'm sick of his crap. "Peach speed up!" "Peach slow down!" "Peach what are you doing!" By the end of the show, I was actually rooting for Jay to get eliminated instead of Mr. Wristy and [dang, I have no nickname for Jameica!]
  • The croquet challenge was redonkulous. No golf skill required whatsoever.
  • Ashley's whining about other competitors not letting her merge was redonkulous. I hate to make generalizations, but it sounded like a pretty girl used to getting her way and not understanding when she doesn't.
  • I thought it was hilarious that Mr. Wristy chunked his first chip shot toward the airboat.
  • I like how Ashleigh gets squeaky when she gets excited.
  • That was some crappy golf played at Trump:
>Why didn't every single team ask the Trump rep. "what is the easiest hole left?"
>How many shots did Rob and Charlotte need to see go over the green before they realized that they needed a shorter club?
>How many people hit into the water hazard?

Tonight's observations:

True dat. Jay's completely burned me out. I also like that he considers himself someone "who makes a living playing golf." Uh, has he seen his position on the Hooters Tour money list? Not much of a living there.

Apparently, Char gets all crunchy-faced when she cries. Adorable. I also came to like Raul a bit more than before, ugly swing and all, perhaps because he has some golf chops and, compared to Jay, he's a real peach. (Ha ha.) Also, Jameica, although boring, has a genuinely good attitude and I hated to see her eat her words tonight. The editing for this episode was exactly as atrocious as was anticipated in this thread.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

From 6 days ago:

5. I still love Charlotte. Are we to believe that Charlotte breaks her no-crying policy in the next episode?

So, who wins the show?

Seriously, though, nice call.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Or, right, there are no females on this site.

HEY!!! What am I - chopped liver? Last time I looked I had an X chromosome stashed somewhere - LOL!

Well, I was lucky to catch Charlotte and the two Ash's tonight after the show to get their perspectives. Seems a lot happened behind the scenes we didn't see. Next week should be very interesting. Check out their interviews and come back later in the week for more. Raul, Jameica and the rest will be added Wed and Thursday. Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

HEY!!! What am I - chopped liver? Last time I looked I had an X chromosome stashed somewhere - LOL!

My apologies Gayle!

You are most decidedly not chopped liver. (And before julie_m and/or ClairefromClare, or any other double-Xers I failed to list specifically by name find this thread, they are not chopped liver either.) I hope Vangroovy is getting the same unexpectedly summer-esque weather as the Emerald City.

Ash D is pretty buzzed in her interview with golfgal. Awesome. I am pretty confident they're not leaving next, but we'll need to wait for the next commercial to be sure.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Well, I was lucky to catch Charlotte and the two Ash's tonight after the show to get their perspectives.

In Gayle's interview of Charlotte, Charlotte reveals that the producers are giving time penalties for driving violations. Charlotte got a 5 minute penalty (she "ran a yellow") and Peach and Jay got one too. That explains how Rob and Charlotte got so far behind after the road challenge. (Charlotte makes some good noises in the interview too!)

And In Ashleigh's interview, she says that she and Ashley had already gotten two previous penalties for reckless driving. It's good to know that they are enforcing the road rules. Ashleigh also confirms my thoughts that the croquet challenge was silly (she suggests that maybe strokes should also have counted so the whole thing wouldn't look so sloppy), and that the producers completely edited out a second putting challenge. And then in Ashley's interview, there is the whole side story about an alleged text message from Jameica claiming Ashley said something bad "at the hotel" and (it sound like Ashley thinks) that Rob and Charlotte gave some bad information to Raul and Jameica. We definitely need more info on that. Thanks Gayle! P.S. Gayle, in Ashleigh's interview, you mention that you will be caddying for her next week. What's that about?

My apologies Gayle!

Apology accepted - thanks Harry.

BTW...Charlotte just wanted to let you know...she's reading this thread too. Vangroovy is wonderful right now and all I want to do is golf! But making a living is once again getting in the way of a good time. Cheers Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

BTW...Charlotte just wanted to let you know...she's reading this thread too.

Ah, here's your chance, Mr. Longshanks. Hi Char!

150 million bonus points go to whoever can get Char to sign up for an account and start posting

I'm definately digging this show, but am also hating the editing. I feel I get more info out of the interviews with Golfgal than the show itself!! Go figure.

My prediction: The Ash* team goes home next...

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!