IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GG:

You know Alex, I was surprised to hear Jay say that too. But I'm not sure they were told they had to lose. I think he infered it from what they said, but you heard what I did, so who really knows. It did take them a while to make a decision on what to do. After talking to all the others, it sounds like the GC decision to only discount part of Jay and Peaches "doctor delay" was considered fair by all. Rob indicated that Jay and Peach still had a chance, although a remote one in the end. If GC had not given them a break at all, they wouldn't have had a chance to even hit a ball in the final challenge. Peach's comments about the reckless driving, Jay's accident, others' injuries and all the things you said above about hiccups strongly suggest GC needs to rework some things in the format, but I hope they do a HW 18-2. Would be a shame for it to be just a 1 season wonder don't you think? Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Unfortunately, I have the feeling the Ashle* team will win, despite Charob (or Roblette) not even getting a single strike.

I love them and always try to buy one at every course I play. The Blingo'ery, the better!

Golfgal

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Is Jay saying in his interview that the Highway 18 producers told him and Peach that they had to finish last? If that's true, I've lost a lot of respect for the show. I'm not a fan of scripted programming: I don't watch the WWE or any of that crap.

I called back on page 22 that the "game" was rigged. No one believed me. Do you guys get it yet?

(Commence lynching.)

"Larry

Oh my goodness, HARRY!!! I can't believe I confused you with another forum friend. I've been married twice, so let's just say this is not the first time I've put my foot in my mouth. Okay...you can call me Golfgirl (but don't tell her - she's younger and much prettier and might be insulted) Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Did anyone think that it sounded like Jay was wearing metal spikes when he slipped? I distinctly remember hearing scraping sounds just as he was falling.

Oh, and my favorite scene in the whole episode (other than Charlotte playing golf*) was the quick cut to Peach sitting in the hospital waiting room reading a magazine, just a mellow as he always is.

* Sorry once again Charlotte, but you are adorable and you have a beautiful swing. I may be a nice guy, but I am still a guy... and so, even though it probably shouldn't, adorable still counts in my book.
(Besides, I'm pretty sure that the rumors of you reading this board are just an elaborate hoax by Gayle to mess with my head. )

• Administrator
(Besides, I'm pretty sure that the rumors of you reading this board are just an elaborate hoax by Gayle to mess with my head. )

Yeah. Gayle also took over

Charlotte's blog and edited her voice in the recording to add references to the site, too, eh? And yeah, it sounded to me as if Jay had metal spikes, too. I know some pros still wear them, but I'm surprised Jay had them on - he's young enough that he probably grew up playing in rubber spikes exclusively.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I heard metal spikes, too. I wonder if he has the special Hogan 11th spike in them?

I think the Blingo thing is another testament to Charlotte's good character. That picture Harry posted with her toiling over the little pieces is worth a thousand words.

So, I actually did go back and look at my posts. Fortunately, I think I've only been insulting to the two Ash's, Jay, and Raul. Whew.

Jay's one-arm swing was pretty impressive. There's no doubt he's a great golfer. Also, his relationship with Peach came off much, much better this week. Leads one to wonder how many instances of similar "good" conduct were cut during the first 8 episodes. Who knows.

So, Shell World? This really exists? And there's more than one store!! Too cool. Speaking of which, it was great to see Boomhauer and Andy pop up again in the shell shop, but am I imagining this, or did TGC blow that surprise in a teaser also?

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

I called back on page 22 that the "game" was rigged. No one believed me. Do you guys get it yet?

Careful there -- Didn't you learn from

Kelly T's two-week suspension ?

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

I heard metal spikes, too. I wonder if he has the special Hogan 11th spike in them?

I think what you heard were the clubs banging around. I checked with Jay and he was wearing rubber spikes - he doesn't wear metal. Sorry guys...Is it better to clarify or just let you live in speculation? :)

I'm interviewing Parker in an hour or so and will get Mr. Shellman's post up as soon as I can. IMHO, I don't think GC went out of its way to make Jay look bad in the past episodes - he said so himself this week that the show brought out the worst and best in him. Jay is what he is and his dad even said that some of his friends wonder why he lets Jay talk to him the way he does. The other contestants also told us in previous interviews that they were surprised by Jay's mannerisms with his dad. But that being said, I think Jay has a lot of good in him and he proved that this week. So I'm glad the show let us see that side of him. I always thought he was great in the interviews with me. I'm just not sure I could handle being his partner in a competition :) He is a tad intense at times. Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Careful there -- Didn't you learn from

Just got off the phone with Parker. A hoot as ever. I asked him about whether Jay was DQ'd or not and he said that they were allowed to play, but the time at the doctor counted against them. Seems fair to me. He said even with that delay, they played amazingly well and didn't come in all that far behind the others. Can you imagine if they hadn't carried that time delay into the final challenge what the other contestants would have said (or screamed)? No, I don't think it was rigged - just a lot of bad luck for Jay and Peach.

Anyway, enjoy Parker's interview . cheers Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

* Sorry once again Charlotte, but you

Well, Harry...I guess I am on your hit list now. Will I ever live down the Larry faux pas?

What if I told you that I got a message from Charlotte just for you? Charlotte (who calls herself now Sherry Longshanks ) told me to tell you that it's no hoax and that you are secretly her favorite! Shhhh...don't tell anyone :) Now...am I forgiven??? Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

What if I told you that I got a message from Charlotte just for you?

Oh God, now you've done it.

Hey Golfgal,

As always your interviews were great! Keep 'em coming!!

Now if you could only find a way for all of them to come in here and interact with us one on one!!

Man what I would give to carry Charlotte's clubs... Does the Futures Tour have an event near Reno at all?!?

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Hey Golfgal,

LOL! If you only knew how many want to jump in but can't. I expect you'll hear from some of them after the show is all over. When BB Ka'anapali ended I know Tina started participating in "that other forum" ;)

The FUTURES Tour 2009 schedule isn't posted, but the 2008 schedule didn't have much in your neighbourhood, so you didn't miss anything this year. Maybe you should move east - lots of events out east ;) Kim Welch is -2 on the LPGA Navistar event today (her first LPGA event since getting her card this year) for those of you who are following the BB gals. Cheers Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

• Administrator
Man what I would give to carry Charlotte's clubs...

Something tells me Charlotte is set for "non-celebrity, free caddies" for quite awhile if she so chooses to avail herself of the help.

You get what you pay for, though, and sometimes even less.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!