Sign in to follow this  
iacas

"The Impact Zone" by Bobby Clampett

164 posts / 153851 viewsLast Reply

I can "do" the drills as you quoted it, but I also agree with your… for lack of a better word right now… "nitpicks" about it.

I can certainly have a little ulnar deviations to line the shaft up with my left arm while also gripping the club in my fingers properly. It's tough to get much below horizontal, though, as I suspect you would say too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi Guys, first time poster.  

Call me dumb but i have only recently discovered Bobby Clampett & this impact zone stuff.  I am a 15 HC, have played golf on & off for 40 years and after 10 years off invested in new spanners 18 months ago and with time now on my hands have become a golf geek.   I played Royal Troon last year and heard the Clampett story of the 1982 Open & his subsequent demise as a player & find him and his views about the game very interesting.   Now that we are in convid lockdown in UK and unable to play I was researching & came across this thread.  Pre-lockdown I had taken a number of lessons from a PGA Pro and believe my ball striking is not too bad (or at least good enough to receive a 15 HC).   Now I am determined to improve & make single figures (Target 8 HC).  I have had a good look at WIG online & do like how SC approaches the swing & the simplicity of some of his content.  Reviewing this thread & doing some further research I am very attracted by the Impact Zone focus of Clampett, his personal story and the structure of his approach & the 5 dynamics.   Anyway this thread has inspired me to yesterday purchase a copy of The Impact Zone & for that I thank you.  FYI I also purchased The Golfing Machine, don't believe can be as difficult a read as some on here have said.  

Stay Safe