IGNORED

If you could buy a new set of irons, what would you buy?

Note: This thread is 5693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought new irons a while back. AP2 irons replaced my MX-25 irons. I am extremely happy with the change.

S-
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to get a set of AP2's in the future. I'm content with my 762's though.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and thought I'd share some experience. I picked up my new AP2's yesterday. 1/4" longer, standard li, Project X flighted 5.5. I tried several models, x20 tours, TM, Mizuno, Cleveland, etc. I had my heart set on Mizunos because I used to play T-zoid Pros but the MP57's were a bit more harsh than the AP2's. The more I demoed them the more I fell in love with them. It took 4 weeks to get them but it was worth the wait. PLayed them in my league last night, for the first time, and was even more impressed. I hit some incredible shots and was absolutely floored with the playability and forgiveness, even in the long irons. I can't say enough about them so if you have an opportunity to demo, don't hesitate.

In my BagBoy Clip-Lok bag:

Driver: Titleist 909 D2
3 Wood: Callaway X tour (alternates with 2H hybrid depending on the course)
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21 degreeIrons: Titleist AP2 4-PW, PX 5.5 flighted shaftWedges: Titleist Spin Milled 52 degree, Taylor Made Rac Black TP 56 and 60 deg.Putter:...

Snake Eyes 675XC forged component irons. I just picked my set up today at golfsmith and played a round. Unbelievable is all I can say! Brand name irons are overrated!
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

I would Try 3 different sets and go from there.

It would either be the MP 33's, MP 67's, and the new Titleist Blades. Which ever one that I like better than the MP 32's that I have would be what I got.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Mizuno mp irons, but I would try Taylor Made r7s and the Titleist irons before I make up my decision, checking them on the launch monitor and at the driving range.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Callaway X proto

or maybe
Nike blades

or even
Cobra Pro Cb

In the voyage :

905R 9.5° NV75 s
SS-03 14° VS proto 80 s
Idea Pro 18° VS proto 80 s690 mb DG S300Vokey 200 54.10Vokey Spin Milled 60.04Studio Select Newport 2 34' One Platinum

Nike CCi Forged

or

Titleist AP2

or

Cleveland CG Reds

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I'm happy with my titleist 735.cm clubs that I have now, but, If I won the lottery, I'd go a buy either the Nike Forged Blades or TaylorMade MB Rac irons or even the mizuno MP-67.

I have a theory that if you get to a certain level and you can't evolve more, just change from cb's to mb's (or get new mb's). You will have to control the golf shot and swing a lot more so that you miss less. That way, you will improve your scoring, hit more greens and have more control over raw power.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Titleist AP2 Irons and the unreleased Titleist 909 series woods

Titleist 983E 9.5 Accra 65 Stiff Shaft
Titleist 906f2 15 Bassara Stiff
TM Burner Rescue 19
Titleist AP2 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 52, 56 Ping Craze g2i

Nike Forged Blades.

For fun, of course.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I'm actualy getting them, Titleist AP2's.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

MacGregor V-Foil 1025CM Forged Irons

MacGregor MACTEC NVG2 8.5* Driver
MacGregor UT2 NVG2
Taylormade VSteel 3W
Cobra IH300 3-PW
Nike SV 56* SWNike SV 50* GWOdyssey 2ball PutterTitleist Pro V1x

bridgestone j36 3-7 cb 8-pw blade

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

Ill buy either Scratch golf irons or miura irons. But i already have the callaway authentic prototype irons and i fell in love

Driver: Titleist D2, 9.5* loft, Aldila VooDoo XS, IOMIC Grip Red
Fairway: Titleist 906 F2, 13* and 18* loft, Fujikura 757 Tour Spec. XS, IOMIC Grip Black
Irons: Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype 3-9, Project X 6.5, IOMIC Grip Black
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 48*, Titleist Proto Vokey 52*, Titleist...

Note: This thread is 5693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!