IGNORED

Need some advice on how my swing may be causing this.

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my quest to break 85, I have been reviewing my swing quite a bit as of late. And I have noticed something real interesting. Looking at the striations on the soles of my clubs, I am seeing a pattern.... well sort of.

I have attached some pictures for creative advice.

On my irons, I notice my long irons look almost new, while my short irons have somewhat diagonal striations through the entire sole of the club. Attached are a few pictures of what I am trying to describe.

Now to make things even more confusing, I notice my older driver has the same diagonal striations. So that confuses my initial thoughts as only my longer irons are clean and or have striations that are straight and not in a diagonal pattern.

I have had others review my swing, and no one can tell me why. I had thought I may be swinging from the outside in, but others say I am not.

Any advice as to where I should look?

Thanks

Here are pics of my 6 iron, as you can see it is clean with minimal marking. Almost looks new.

Atlas
Driver Opt1: King 440 10.5°
Driver Opt2: SuperQuad Stiff 10.5°
Irons: R7 4-PW, AW Steel Stiff
Lob wedge: Momentus Golf (Yes I also have the Weighted Driver )Hybrid: 20° Putter: Dual Force 330

Here are pictures of my 9 iron. All of my short irons and wedges have the sae diagonal marking.

Atlas
Lob wedge: Momentus Golf (Yes I also have the Weighted Driver )Hybrid: 20° Putter: Dual Force 330

Cobra Driver Pic.

Ironically my alternate driver is clean and again looks almost new.

Atlas

A swing video would help. You must have some sort of cross motion.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Don't really have a camcorder at the moment.

But I think I may have found my issue. I was at the range today when a tour pro decided to come in and talk with the range pro. He started helping the four of us that were there and I asked him to watch my swing.

It seems that I have good tempo and my plane is ok, but I was placing my right thumb out straight which was not allowing the club to have a complete follow through, thus altering the completion arc. He worked with me a bit and I was able to add some distance as well. So as we all know grip does matter.

Atlas

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!