IGNORED

Rib Injury

whip_it_out
Note: This thread is 5739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have NO idea what i did to it. Today it was unreal how much it could hurt.

I first noticed it yesterday practicing, a few swings and i felt a little tug on the second rib from the bottom, on both sides. Felt fine, so i shrugged it off.

Today, on the range warming up, about 4 swings into it with a wedge, a huge burst of pain, like the rib on the right was ripping something, and the one on the left was being pulled. I was cautios to swing again, but i bladed it and it didn't hurt. A few more swings with an 8-iron, 2 in a row that hurt so much i had to drop the club and just sit down. No more warm up today.

Well i really wanted to play, so i decided to atleast try,a nd what i learned is that when i really drive my hips through the ball, it hurt. I'm already making really bad swings because im in the middle of a swing change.

Took some Motrin at the 7th, and that helped to minimize the bursts of pain to just a little tug, but enough to make you twitch.

Anyone have an injury like this directly linked to golf?
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I had it a couple of months ago when I just started out golfing. Probably a strain or small tear in your Serratas Anterior muscle . My advice: Don't play !. I played off and on and subsequently strained every other muscle in my torso, including my back. I was compensating so badly that I only did more damage to my body and my swing was horrible. You're going to hurt yourself and it might even set you back further because you will start adjusting your swing without even knowing it (your body does this to avoid pain).

It took me almost eight weeks to get to a point I could play pain free. I think I could have brought it down to six or less if I wouldn't have tried to play several times... Seeing that you are 13, you should be ready to go a lot quicker... (ah.. youth, what a great thing). You might want to talk to a doctor and find out what he thinks about it.

Anyway, I spent my time on the putting green instead, then the chipping area. Did wonders for my short game.

Note: This thread is 5739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!