IGNORED

best major of 2008?

Kevin04
Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The US Open. I never thought I'd ever say something like this, but the par-3 contest was better than the Masters proper this year.

U.S.Open
British
PGA
Par-3 Contest
Masters

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

While everyone is underestimating this year's Masters, it was still the fourth most exciting. That's not slighting The Masters as much as it's giving proper credit to the other three. The U.S. Open was awesome with all the Tiger excitement. Without Tiger at the final two majors, the world's best still delivered two very entertaining events.

Nonetheless, here is the order I'd rank this year's majors:

1. U.S. Open
2. PGA Championship
3. British Open
4. Masters

As for Augusta being too difficult, the winning score was still quite a bit lower than any of the other three.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Without a doubt - the US Open. Quite possibly the greatest tournament I've ever witnessed too. I mean you can't write a story like that.

After the US Open, I'd go with the British, PGA, then the Masters. The Players was more fun to watch than the Masters for Pete's sake!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I love the Masters for the beauty of the course, but this year all majors were pretty exciting to watch, especially the US Open with Tiger and Rocco.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I thought the Open Championship was the worst to watch. The wind and terrible conditions made for retarded golf, not quality.

I'd say it was US Open, PGA, Masters, Players, Open.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

I thought the Open Championship was the worst to watch. The wind and terrible conditions made for retarded golf, not quality.

Meh - I guess you're not a fan of shot making? Didn't like Normans 5-iron pitch shot did u?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Meh - I guess you're not a fan of shot making? Didn't like Normans 5-iron pitch shot did u?

Mhmm, and Paddys 5-wood was terrible too.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I was lucky enough to be standing underneath the line of Paddy's 5 wd on the 17th at Birkdale and funnily enough that experience when combined with the great commentators in my ear for the four days made for a magical experience that could never be matched on tv. Having said that the US Open was an amazing story with Rocco eally pulling out all the stops when everyone thought that Tiger would run over the top again. The PGA was also exciting as people went in a forward direction to WIN it. For me that was the disappointment in the Masters and has been for a while. It has changed into who won't lose it and who can survive. Telling someone today that people used to go around the back nine in 30 on Sunday at the Masters would result in laughter rather than awe. I do hope we start seeing under par winning totals there in the future again as that really was my favourite major to watch until the last couple of years...

Driver 9.5* 905T w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
3 Wood 15* 906F2 w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
Irons AP2 3-P w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges Vokey 200 series 52* and SM 58*
Putter Black series No. 1Ball TP Black

For me the US Open was the best major of 2008, followed by the USPGA, Masters and lastly the British Open. The US Open had all the thrills and spills, and did Tiger and Rocco put on a show. The USPGA because of the close finish. The Masters started off rather dull but got better on the weekend. And the British Open? Where's the joy in watching this unless your a fan of Survivor IV.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!