IGNORED

the driver yips,ever had 'em?

N.V.M.
Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i've completely,totally lost all confidence in my driver. have been for over a month. i can go to the range and smack it, no problem. put me on a golf course,dead left,skyball,top it, etc. in fact, i've not used my driver the last few rounds i've hit it so badly. why? know any good shrinks?

the only good news out of this is my scores are as good or even better. on par 5's, my plan is to get to the green on three(a la Zach Johnson-Masters). it works quite well. short to medium par 4's, no problem getting on in two. who needs a driver,right?

anybody ever experience this? did you do anything specific to fix it quick? should i even try to fix it? i do feel like i'm actually golfing more when the drivers put away. man, strange problem.

My Blog

wow i haven't used my driver or any driver in a year...... ive gotten so used to hitting my long irons that it works for me...... i hit my 5 iron off the tee very controllable and very confident in it and get 200yds out of it...... i know a driver will help me on par 4's by giving me a 100 yards or less shot to the green compared to a 150 yard or more shot to the green...... i will hit a driver eventually but i really got to work on it......

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

you must be playign a very short course to be able to hit 5-irons off tees and get there comfortably.

Work on it at the range. perfect the driver like your 5-iron.

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

I had the yips one time for a whole year. If you've ever seen Charles Barkely stop mid way on his down swing that's exactly how i felt. Or if you've ever seen Tiger Woods stop on his down swing b/c of a camera that's what i was doing. It was horrible and before that I was shooting in the 70s consistantly. I think my problem was I was focusing more on my backswing then worrying about going thru the golf ball.

Kinda having them now but I think I'm losing confidence in my driver itself. I will have 5 different results with 5 different swings off the tee - I'm so inconsistent right now.
1: Center of the face, long, penetrating flight, slight draw.
2: Toe, dying hook, short.
3: Sky - pull
4: line drive push
5: mid-height big fade

=[.. I'm counting on a new driver fixing this. Definitely not my swing =0

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

If you read in Golf Digest, Steve Stricker talked about his hands hurting because he would grip the club so tightly on the tee.
That was me, for a while.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

you must be playign a very short course to be able to hit 5-irons off tees and get there comfortably.

my country club is 6,145 yds..... its not that i am playing it comfortable with my 5 iron..... i know im struggling its just that my local range closed down and ive never had the chance to get out there and fix it..... i will and ill drop my scores

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

two buckets at the driving range today, the first one driver only. just smacking them long and straight. going again thursday, like i usually do. then try it for real on the weekend.

*please work then*

My Blog

The driver is the hardest club to hit because the length of the shaft. Have you tried the following:

1) choke up on the club
2) slow down your swing
3) make a more compact swing
4) play a stinger or punch shot
5) put the 3 wood head cover on the driver
6) turn back with your shoulders and turn back through with only your shoulders keeping the club face slightly closed as long as possible

just my 2 cents

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

two buckets at the driving range today, the first one driver only. just smacking them long and straight. going again thursday, like i usually do. then try it for real on the weekend.

I know it's easier said than done, but I try to imagine being on the range when I'm on the tee. No small targets, no second shot to worry about, no score to worry about ... Just your "range swing".

I have been struggling with driver a little bit recently - and that's always been a strong part of my game. Of late, I've not hit driver until I have a few holes under my belt and am swinging everything else comfortably. The 'problem' with driver is that we often think we have to cream the ball every time - get it 350 down the middle or bust. This leads to tension in the hands, arms, shoulders and usually a swing that's way too fast and out of control. The result? Well -- you're experiencing them! If you're hitting it great on the range, try to block everything else out on the course and think range!!! //Anand

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!