IGNORED

Flipped a Golf Cart

denver_nuggs_15
Note: This thread is 4251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was playing in a shotgun scramble tournament on monday, and on the way to our first hole (#17), we had to drive down a steep hill. Just after this hill was a very sharp left turn and the cart in front of us went on two wheels. Then my driver hit a tree root and we flipped the cart, on my side. I got a scraped knee and elbow, as well as a chunk taken out of my finger. Also, the cart landed on my right foot as we slid on the pavement. (My right golf shoe is pretty torn up). Needless to say, an ambulance was called and I was taken to the ER. I did not get to golf and will probably not golf for at least a month. I went back to the course after I was picked up at the hospital and found out that the group that I would have played in won the tournament at 13 under. I got a new PING putter out of it but am still very angry about my injuries. The golf course gave me a new hat, shorts, polo, and round of golf for the accident, but this hill was far too steep. It should have been fixed prior to this or there should be a DO NOT ENTER sign.
Has anyone ever flipped a cart as well?

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I have never flipped one, but I have shot into some brush and gotten stuck via a steep hill and going too fast.

I have also been thrown out and have thrown someone out... both times were on wet hills while the passenger wasn't really prepared to be spun around quickly and just sort of shot off the cart.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I've never flipped one. My dad's friend drives the thing like a maniac. He goes as fast as he can and purposely tries to take it on two - wheeles, he thinks he's being funny and joking around but it's rather hazerdous to his health. I make sure I never drive with him, lol.

I hope you have a speedy and healthy recovery though, I'm sure it hurt a lot.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

didnt really flip...just kinda fell over onto me...my buddy drive us into a sandtrap that we both didnt see.

On another occasion..i was in the passenger side again..and different guy makes a really drastic turn to avoid an animal and i flew out.

No real injuries on either occasion and because it wasnt as serious as your situation...we got a laugh out of it.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

I used to live near a course that had some steep hills and thick zoisia (sp.) grass fairways. Once after playing this hole in the rain we decided to go straight back down the fairway full speed in the cart. About halfway down we slam on the brakes and turn the wheel a little. Must of done 5-6 donuts until we stopped. It was fun at the time and a little scary. Once we got done laughing we drove back up the hill and continued. You couldn't even tell we were there, it didn't leave a mark. Young and dumb I guess, wouldn't think of doing something like that now.

I have never flipped a cart though. That sucks. Hope you are doing better.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

To be honest mate its not the golf courses fault, I wouldn't expect them to accept liability for it.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I've never so much been in a golf cart, so I don't know how easy they are to flip... But I'd think its not the golf courses fault, coming round a sharp corner, it should only take common sense to avoid flipping over. That is, slow down, and look out for tree roots!

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Yes, about 2 years ago.
Some friends were out to play 36 at my home course.

On the par-5 5th, at the end of the landing area, is a grass slope that's roughly 10-11 feet above the cart path. I crept over the top but on the way down the rear end broke loose on the dewy grass. We slid parallel to the path, hit the two left tires on the right curb and got dumped. I was trapped on the path with my leg under the cart lying in battery acid. My buddy was ejected but hit his throat on the upright roof support. We were both cut up.

Our other buddies were at the bottom of the hill and had to come back and take the cart off my leg. Other than some scrapes I was ok. We both refused medical help cause I was gonna play 36 that day! In hindsight, my buddy probably should have headed straight for the ER because his throat swelled up pretty good.

Later in the round they all started cracking up as I went to tee one up. My clothes had totally shredded from the acid (I guess we didn't do a good job of rinsing it off). My back had small blisters on it.

After the round and lunch the mood was low so they all went home (the one buddy headed to the ER where they really couldn't do anything for him other than give him an anti-inflammatory.). It took his voice 2 months to recover.

Me, being the golf fanatic that I am, went home, showered, and played the afternoon 18. The "funny" thing is, is that there was a new rope blocking that whole slope. It is still there to this day.

I later found out that another cart did the exact same thing but a guy broke his leg. I should have sued the course for negligence and got free golf for life

Another buddy flipped on the same hole but further down on the cartpath. He hit a speed bump too fast (that's why they're there). No injuries.

There's a lady at work who uses a cane. She was thrown years ago from a golf cart.

Hell, just the other day my buddy did a quick turn (semi-goofing off) and hit a curb, over corrected, and almost dumped us. It scared the shiate outta me.

I shake my head when I see people driving carts like a-holes.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

We don't want seat belts and breathalyzers.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

don't all carts have that automatic governor when you go down-hill specifically to prevent such circumstances??

Most do, but when you're going downhill they sometimes aren't enough...

I definitely agree that this one is squarely on the driver's shoulders and he should have slowed down going down the hill. Courses around here that have steep hills like that actually put in speed bumps to slow you down before you get to the turn, but when you check out the cart you have to sign a waiver saying that any and all damage is on you. Funny side story is that I've actually thrown myself out of a golf cart. Another story of being young and stupid and lucky that I didn't injure myself... I was going down a windy hill at the course I worked and decided to see how fast I could take it. Turned the wheel pretty sharply and slid all the way across the seat and out the other side to slide my arse on the gravel and watch the cart continue down the hill without me. Probably could have gotten fired for that one...
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Nah...I'm not like most Americans who are sue happy

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Courses around here that have steep hills like that actually put in

I played a course with these the other week... they were rediculously large and jarred the shit out of you.... more harm than good in my opinion. A good caution sign should be sufficient in most cases and I thought the speed bumps were out of control and a total pain in the ass.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Never flipped one, but have been thrown out of plenty. I work at a club and drive carts up and down all day. Had a co-workers little brother drive one into a pond a couple weeks ago.

Just yesterday, we did have a car accident happen on the street that goes along part of our course. Head on collision that sent two cars down onto the 2nd hole, right between the mens and womens tees. No golfers were injured, but one of the drivers was taken to the hospital with a broken arm, but nothing serious. Not bad for having to be cut out by the jaws of life. This is definitely not the first, nor the last. We have had member taken out during their swings by cars that come flying around an S curve and lose it. Scary business.

In my bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 9.5 Pro Launch 65-s
Cleveland Launcher Comp 3 wood 13* Cleveland Stiff
Titleist 690-CB 3-PW
Vokey 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Scotty Cameron Newport 2Looking for a 18-20* 585h

I'm sorry about the accident.. I hope the putter was a good one. As for the accidents, that's all the drivers fault for when you signed up for tournament. I'm not sure if your friends with the guy or not, but this will remind you to keep it slow.

I work at a golf course, and have yet to fall out of one.. There have been some close times though.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Note: This thread is 4251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!