IGNORED

New putter reduced my putt count

kregan
Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The other day purchased a toe down putter to see if it would make a difference in my putting stats.

I had been using a mallet style faced balanced putter and normally shoot around 36 putts for 18.

I went out today and had to rush to the first tee without practicing any putts on the putting green. I did 18 in 32 putts, my best to date. I still shot a 93 because my iron play was off today but if I can putt like that on a normal day I should be able to break 90 again easily.

My scorecard I linked below.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The putter wasn't anything out of the ordinary, it is a Yes Callie.
The Mallet I used before was a Yes Marilyn.

I really like the looks of the mallet style putter, I was just thinking a toe down putter might work better for my putting stroke.

The next 4 or 5 rounds will tell the tail but so far so good!

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It is certainly nice to have two high quality putters to switch between to fine tune things.

Good luck with the process. Keeping track of putts per round can be very beneficial.....shows you how important it really is.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I bent my putter 4 degrees flat (or toe down) when I bought it and what a difference! It's been in my bag for over 2 years and aint goin nowhere. I'm amazed at how many toe up putters I see at address on the course. If nothing else you should fit your putter. I think a fit Walmart putter is better than an ill fit Cameron - bit of an exageration but you get the idea. Get the sole flat and you'll hole more putts. People go through pro fittings on their irons (which is a great idea), but how many times do you expect to hole a 6 iron? I expect to hole every putt.

Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!