IGNORED

Need a course, Charlotte, N.C.

HazardMagnet
Note: This thread is 5735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be visiting Charlotte, staying in Huntersville this fall. Any course sugestions/
Thanks. ~Tom B.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

If you're in Huntersville I would suggest either Skybrook or Birkdale. If you don't mind traveling a bit there's more options. Skybrook is not tree lined but presents some challenges. The biggest plus is the greens. Except for #12 which they struggle with, their greens are usually some of the best. Birkdale is a nice course when in good condition. Last time I was there it was fair but it's still a challenging little track.

Thanks for the reply, since I live in western central Ct. about an hour is all I'm willing to drive each way for a regular game, since up here I can get to many courses in that time. The only website I've found is www.LastminuteGolfer.com/North Carolina. Since I'll be visiting my Daughter and using her car I don't want to abuse the privledge.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

I'll be visiting Charlotte, staying in Huntersville this fall. Any course sugestions/

Yes!!!

Go down I77 to Blythewood and play the University Club. I haven't been there in several years but I imagine that it is still spectacular. I could see getting an early tee time there and replaying all day long. You can google it and do the mapquest thing.....it'd be worth the 90 minute drive for a nice golf day. For what it's worth....we used to regularly drive two hours to play there.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

+1 for Birkdale, decent course

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

Note: This thread is 5735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!