IGNORED

Paula will win the Safeway

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All the big names are in Oregon, and some are doing very well. At minus three are Paula, Lorena Ochoa, Suzann Pettersen, and Laura Diaz. All are chasing Angela Park who is minus 6. I have said it before----I root for Helen Alfredsson, because she is an old veteran, and is minus 5, BUT I have a hunch than a well-rested Paula Creamer will win her 4th title of the year! She has been one of the leaders in many of the statistical categories---scoring (4th), greens in regulation (2nd), Top 10's (2nd), and rounds under par (4th). She has established herself this year as the main competitor to Lorena, and this tournament will be another reflection of that.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

We'll see. Id like to see her win, but a lot can happen over the course of the next 36 holes.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

We'll see. Id like to see her win, but a lot can happen over the course of the next 36 holes.

You are right, and look what happened in the last round last week! The good thing is that Paula got off to a decent start, and has less ground to make up. Paula is one of those players who can score lower each round. We will watch to see what happens. Thank goodness that ESPN2 is televising the tournament today and tomorrow.

I was there, and Paula was in major pout mode on the 8th tee. She was 5 back at that point. She did look awesome, as always, as did the two Swedes she was playing with.

Cristie Kerr won it all with a nice 65, including a birdie on 18, and another birdie on the playoff hole with Alfredsson and Gustafson.

The LPGA players say the greens at Columbia Edgewater in Portland are the best they play on all year. They looked very slick today. Unfortunately, the tourney is being moved to a different course next year.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

I see she finished 7 shots back, tied for like 8th, I think. At least she made the cut, too bad you cant say the same about Ai Miyazato...

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I was there, and Paula was in major pout mode on the 8th tee. She was 5 back at that point. She did look awesome, as always, as did the two Swedes she was playing with.

Thanks for the report. I am jealous of you that you were there to watch it in person!

What an exciting weekend for golf----3 way playoffs at the Barclays and at the Safeway! It does not get any better than this!

It's kind of weird, Paula's been top 10 in every tournament since she won last month in Ohio, but I don't think she's playing her best. No really outstanding rounds since her 60 at the Farr. Lots of birdies, but also a few too many bogies equals very so so rounds. Which is kind of encouraging in that she's not playing her best, yet still finnishing top 10 or better.

It's kind of weird, Paula's been top 10 in every tournament since she won last month in Ohio, but I don't think she's playing her best. No really outstanding rounds since her 60 at the Farr. Lots of birdies, but also a few too many bogies equals very so so rounds. Which is kind of encouraging in that she's not playing her best, yet still finnishing top 10 or better.

You are right, and I am not sure what is wrong. All it takes is to be a little off in one aspect of your game, and you finish decently, but do not win. Have you seen her recent stats, and if so, what is keeping her from the Winners' Circle?

I think what she lacks is mental toughness. It seems like she gets a few unlucky breaks, totally loses focus and falls apart.

You are right, and I am not sure what is wrong. All it takes is to be a little off in one aspect of your game, and you finish decently, but do not win. Have you seen her recent stats, and if so, what is keeping her from the Winners' Circle?

Her GIR stats are still good (rank 2) and so are her FWH stats (26). Her GIR putting rank is 4th (1.77) , but her overall putting rank in 41st (28.04)putts per round. Still very good, but it might mean that when she's misses a green she's not getting up and down as often as she should. She's number 1 in birdies so scoring is not a problem. I think when she has the occasional wayward drive she struggles to make par. Especially with her lack of distance of the tee (80T), trying to recover from the rough or the trees when you're so far back can be tough. Which also explains why her eagle stats are average (63T) so she can't take advantage of par 5's.

I think what she lacks is mental toughness. It seems like she gets a few unlucky breaks, totally loses focus and falls apart.

She has shown real toughness at times this year. After she lost the playoff to Annika, she admitted that her hands were shaking on the putter, BUT---she came right back and won right away! She beat Hall of Famer Juli Inkster after two Sudden Victory playoff holes at the SemGroup Championship. Then, after she shot a 60, and started to lose her game, she held on and WON at the Jamie Farr! Both of these examples show that she can be tough.

Her GIR stats are still good (rank 2) and so are her FWH stats (26). Her GIR putting rank is 4th (1.77) , but her overall putting rank in 41st (28.04)putts per round. Still very good, but it might mean that when she's misses a green she's not getting up and down as often as she should. She's number 1 in birdies so scoring is not a problem. I think when she has the occasional wayward drive she struggles to make par. Especially with her lack of distance of the tee (80T), trying to recover from the rough or the trees when you're so far back can be tough. Which also explains why her eagle stats are average (63T) so she can't take advantage of par 5's.

Paula has admitted that her lack of length off the tee, especially with comparison to Lorena can be a problem. In the off season last year, she consulted with her personal trainer to do exercises that would add strength to the right golf muscles. I am sure that she will do that again this off season.

Nothing wrong with Pumpkin Ridge!

In the Bag:
TaylorMade R11TP Driver
TaylorMade R11TP 3 wood (15.5)
Mizuno MP 63 3-PW
Vokey 52Vokey 56TAD MOORE Pro1P

You are right about Paula, and you know what else is weird? How long has it been since Lorena won? She started the year off on a tear, and has not won since the Syabase in the middle of May (Paula's victory in the Jamie Farr was only a month ago). I know that interviewers have asked Lorena, "What's wrong", and she has talked about her putting and other areas. One comment that I have is this: since May, this has been a year of real surprises, including Katharine Hull and Helen Alfredsson and the young Asians. Lorena is clearly dominant no longer. Given that, Paula has had a very good year, and the only real blemish is no victory yet in a Major.

You are right about Paula, and you know what else is weird? How long has it been since Lorena won? She started the year off on a tear, and has not won since the Syabase in the middle of May (Paula's victory in the Jamie Farr was only a month ago). I know that interviewers have asked Lorena, "What's wrong", and she has talked about her putting and other areas. One comment that I have is this: since May, this has been a year of real surprises, including Katharine Hull and Helen Alfredsson and the young Asians. Lorena is clearly dominant no longer. Given that, Paula has had a very good year, and the only real blemish is no victory yet in a Major.

I think Lorena has lost some focus this year because of some family issues and that she does not seem as motivated as in the past. One interview I heard sticks with me where she stated something like she wasn't sure if she would be on tour after 5 years because she had other things she would like to accomplish. It just made me feel that she is one her way out.

In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

Note: This thread is 5729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!