IGNORED

I'm sick of terrible golf.

whip_it_out
Note: This thread is 5740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I haven't played a "good" round in what feels like forever, but is really only a month. I played decent, I guess, today. Finished with an 83, 44 then a 39. I still have a problem with an unpredictable fade, and I had 5 or 6 3-putts today. !

Though I did spend 30 minutes on the range afterwards, and figured something out, so hopefully tommorow will be a little better.

But it's just the fact I go from consistent seventies, then I can't break 80. I know I'm so close, but I just mess a few holes up per round that add 4 shots to the score.

Golf happens.

In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

You might think about spending twice the amount of time on your short game. If you had that many three putts, it sounds like you need to work on your lagging. Also, if you work on your chipping & pitching, you'll have shorter putts.

I know when I first started shooting in the 70's, it wasn't like I started hitting 12-14 greens in regulation. I worked hard on my short game and started getting up & down from around the green to save a lot of pars.

Keep your head up and know that you can do it. It sounds like you've been there before, so you know it's attainable.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Everybody has that, you can't keep having good rounds, a bad one has to come along sometime. I always think that when I'm having a bad round and it kind of cheers me up. Like the above said, your Lag putting must be off, or your just not getting your approaches close. I had the same problem and It could be either of those two.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Aren't you like 13? I wouldn't be worried about consistency yet. It'll come as you continue to grow, and learn more and stuff. You're already a great player for your age at a 7 handicap and you should be pretty proud of how good you are.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Aren't you like 13? I wouldn't be worried about consistency yet. It'll come as you continue to grow, and learn more and stuff. You're already a great player for your age at a 7 handicap and you should be pretty proud of how good you are.

No Kidding, when I was your age, I was an 8.5. so your on track to becoming a good player in 3 years. You've acheived something pretty decent. Keep at it and don't worry about scores.

So many juniors are just caught up in scores and everything its just stupid, I'm honestly tired of kids crying about having bad scores.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I had 5 or 6 3-putts today.

I see one area where you could lower your scores: putting. Instead of going to the range, you should have spent some time on the practice green.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I haven't played a "good" round in what feels like forever, but is really only a month. I played decent, I guess, today. Finished with an 83, 44

Im in the same boat as you at the moment. About a month ago i was shooting 75-78 now i cant break 80. Its frustrating the hell outta me. But i've just been trying to work really hard on my chipping so i can put it close to eliminate double bogeys and im starting to get back to normal golf

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

83? I would be happy to shoot that.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

I wwas just going to say the same thing. Wait till girls start to come into your life.

Haha so true... then you really won't be able to control where your head is at. Try being consistent then.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I found my swing by practicing short pitch shots, it might work for you too.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

83? I would be happy to shoot that.

Especially at age 13...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

man at 13, I was thinking about chasing tail. good for you that you can work on something positive.

I feel the same way though, I haven't had a consistent round in 3 weeks...even with my week off from golf. i hacked it up yesterday. 44 & 53! i'm awesome!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!