IGNORED

Bridgestone B330 RX

Note: This thread is 5690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Back 3 posts, I mentioned I picked a dozen up from Golfsmith and gave a code for free shipping. Mine should be here Tuesday.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

Back 3 posts, I mentioned I picked a dozen up from Golfsmith and gave a code for free shipping. Mine should be here Tuesday.

Thanks, but I tried there, and this morning the site says it's shipping on 9/17. And if I want in-store pickup, it'd be available for pickup on 9/28, it has a "ship to store" status.

In my Grom bag...

Driver: 07 Burner
Woods: 07 Burner 3W, 5W
Irons: 3-PW R7 TPWedges: MP-56*, MP-60*Putter: White Hot XG #9GPS : SC3

I was in a local golf shop this morning (Bonaventure Golf, not a chain) and they've got a couple of stacks of dozens, and they sell them by the sleeve too. I didn't both picking any up because at $42 a dozen they cost more than Pro V1's ($37). I've been playing the Wilson Staff 50/50 balls lately. They are a good all around ball and at $16 a dozen they're pretty hard to beat.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Wow, PROV1's are only 37 for you? Everywhere around here they are 44.99, and some pro shops have them at 54.99 a dozen!!!!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Played the new 330-s today and I was very impressed. Slightly longer than the old but also spins more. Confused yet.
All in all I will continue to use the 330 series.
Driver Super Quad 10.5
3 Woodhibore xl
irons3-pw AP2
Wedges52 and 56 SV
PutterFuturaBall330-s

Thanks, but I tried there, and this morning the site says it's shipping on 9/17. And if I want in-store pickup, it'd be available for pickup on 9/28, it has a "ship to store" status.

Yeah after checking my shipping status I found they were on back order,even though I orginally had a ship and receive date. Crap I was at Tourning Stone yesteday and would have looked in the proshop for some.

L4V M Speed

For those like me without a decent golf/pro shop in their area. Golfsmith has them on their website now. Shipping tommorow.

Jay-bizzle-

Is that coupon limited to just the RX balls, or is it good for any Golfsmith order? Do you know when the code expires? Thanks!

I think the code is good for most items. Its not limted to the balls, I know that much. Not sure if,when it expires.

L4V M Speed

ok so I bought a dozen today but haven't played them yet? any one get them puppies on the course?

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

My local Golfsmith just got them in today. $42.99/doz. They also will typically break open a box and sell individual sleeves.
In my Grom bag...

Driver: 07 Burner
Woods: 07 Burner 3W, 5W
Irons: 3-PW R7 TPWedges: MP-56*, MP-60*Putter: White Hot XG #9GPS : SC3

I've played a round with them along with a friend of mine. He plays V1x's as a rule, and Taylormade red's.

He was pretty impressed with the 330RX, and will be playing them this weekend in a tourney. His assessment was that they were on par or better for him than either of his preferred balls. he's going to get back to me on Monday with another report.

For me, I play Cally iX for my premium ball, and e6's as a mid-priced ball. The 330RX really wowed be off the driver, and I did think that it offered a bit more feel and spin for me off the wedges.

really though, in my hands its a tough call. The Callaway iX has worked very well for me. I'm going to give the RX a few more rounds before I ditch the iX for good.

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

Wow love this ball, great towering Iron shots, or low stingers, feel is amazing. Didn't notice too much distance lost (I usually swing right around 105) compared to the 330s, maybe a couple yards if even. Putting was so nice with this ball, still got a nice click like with the 330s, but a lot more touch on slippery downhillers.

I golfed with a guy who works at Golf Galaxy today, he gave me a ball to try out and it felt decent. I usually play Pro V1s so I was dubious that this would be better. I must say, this ball felt better off the driver face. It had a great sound and the flight was as penetrating as the Pro V1s. I would say carry was comparable, but don't know about roll since it was raining out. I didn't like the ball as much on the green however, the ball felt muted off the face, not as response as the Titleist. Overall, it's a decent runner-up, I'll stick to my usual since they are in the same price range. One worthy note, the cover held up better than the Pro V1s, that's a good change...

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

picked up a dozen this afternoon and will be playing it over 2 rounds next weekend. talked to an older gentlemen that has a 4 HDCP and he has played it the last 2 weekends and loves it.

I am looking forward to trying them. As I mentioned earlier, they are going to have to be a significant difference to become my normal ball.

• 3 weeks later...
I've had these bad boys in my trunk for a week and finally got them out today. For *me*, they are the best "premium" ball I've ever played, including the Pro-Vs. I feel like I lost some distance over my Nikes, but they were more consistent and *seemed* to be straighter off the tee than other balls. I say "seemed" because as a 21+ HCP I have good days and bad and it's not always the ball.

They also felt very good with the short irons. Soft with very consistent distance. Even mis-hits came out pretty good. I'll probably buy some more. That said, when I bought these, there were only two boxes left and I've heard they are very hard to find? I've also heard that for a hacker like me, the B330-S will play very similar. I may buy a box of those and test as well.

As a side note, I also bought a box of dt rolls to play with. I played the last 3 holes with them. After using the B330's, the DTs felt like rocks.. Rocks that carried a lot further..
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

Note: This thread is 5690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!