IGNORED

Illegal clubs

Note: This thread is 1035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is a question that's been gnawing at me for a few months.

I have a set of second-hand clubs I bought from a guy for cheap that included two Callaway knockoffs called the "Patriot Missile II" (a 3-wood and a 5-wood.) I knew they were knockoffs when I bought them (my game isn't good enough to spend big dollars on actual Callaways yet), but after doing some research a bit later I found out that the company who produced them, Wood Arts, was, in fact, successfully sued by Callaway for copyright infringement, had to pay a settlement and was forced to stop selling these and a bunch of other illegally copied clubs. Plus, a bunch of clubs they had produced were seized by the government.

Funny thing is, I actually hit them pretty well. So these are my questions:

1) Is anyone familiar with this line of clubs? I don't condone counterfeiting, but I'm curious if there was a matching driver and/or 7-wood made, and if so, if there are some still floating around and available for cheap cheap cheap? (Like, five bucks or less cheap.)
2) If Wood Arts paid a settlement to Callaway and admitted their wrongdoing in a court of law, are they still considered illegal clubs?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Like 1

What's in my bag:

- Cleveland HiBore XL 10.5 degree
- Knockoff 3 and 5 woods
- TaylorMade Burner Oversize Irons, 3-PW- Dynacraft SW- Cleveland 60 deg wedge (perhaps not for long, though)- Odyssey 550 Putter

This isn't really a counterfeit club. It's a knockoff of the Callaway design, marketed under its own name. A counterfeit would have had fake Callaway logos and have been sold as a Callaway club when it wasn't.

No idea if you can find them anywhere, but there's no issue with owning the club.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

This isn't really a counterfeit club. It's a knockoff of the Callaway design, marketed under its own name. A counterfeit would have had fake Callaway logos and have been sold as a Callaway club when it wasn't.

Good point.

What's in my bag:

- Knockoff 3 and 5 woods
- TaylorMade Burner Oversize Irons, 3-PW- Dynacraft SW- Cleveland 60 deg wedge (perhaps not for long, though)- Odyssey 550 Putter

il post some / or make a thread soon.

Where are you getting the Cleveland's from?

TAYLORMADE FOR LIFE!
DRIVER: R5 Dual TP 10.5* Matrix Ozik Stiff
3 WOOD: Tour Burner 14.5* Matrix XCon5 Stiff
HYBRIDS: Tour Burner Hybrids 20* 23* Matrix XCon5 Stiff
IRONS: MB Smoke 5i-PW Project X Flighted 6.0WEDGES: Z TP 50.06(bent) 54.10 60.06PUTTER: Newport Studio Select 33.75"BALL: TP...

New Zealand^

Seem all good ay?

• apparently they are 6 months old.
• trader has positive feedback.
• price is really good.
• sold as set.

Chur.

Those clevelands look good to me...

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

In my Ping Hoofer 08 camo bag :
Cobra 454 Comp 10.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 15* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 17.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffAdams A1 Pro Idea 4-PWTitleist Oil Can 52*Titleist Oil Can Spin...

haha^ yeah sorry, i probably would have but since im a n00b to this site it wouldn't allow me.

i promise not to hijack anyones threads no more.

*chuckle*

I almost had to threadjack my own thread. :)

May as well re-ask the question, just for good measure:

Still looking for info on the Patriot Missile II line of fairway woods -- anyone know if there are a driver and/or 7-wood floating around out there? I have a 3-wood and 5-wood I hit pretty well I'd like to match up.

Thanks for any assistance.

What's in my bag:

- Knockoff 3 and 5 woods

• 9 years later...

YqMy dad passed away recently and I found a 5 wood made by Patriot Missile 2. Has many sets of clubs and some off balls like this. Also 24k golden bear putter pretty old. If I come across one u r looking for I'll message you. Just realized this thread 10 yrs old. O well..

1528936425685956877014.jpg

2) If Wood Arts paid a settlement to Callaway and admitted their wrongdoing in a court of law, are they still considered illegal clubs? 

If you are a Democrat no problem. If you voted for Trump Muller may indite you. Seriously they are not illegal play them until you get better and can benefit from better clubs. 

• 3 years later...
Note: This thread is 1035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!