IGNORED

Dan from NJ here

TheBirdMan9
Note: This thread is 5734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Joined about a week ago or so. I am 16 years old, turn 17 in February. Just started playing golf about a month ago and figured I should join this for help and what not. I am shooting anywhere from 105-115 now and hope to improve greatly. I am currently a caddy at Ridgewood Country Club in Paramus NJ AKA Barclay's Location and ever since becoming a caddy there at the beginning of the summer, I have been hooked on golf. Hope you guys can help me out with how to improve and help me with any questions regarding clubs. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome.

Dan

• Administrator
Welcome aboard.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome aboard Dan! I'm in South Jersey, so it's always nice to have another Jersey boy around (granted I'm older). Enjoy and love the game, work on the little things and the basics.. it will come in time, your young enough. If you can find a good teacher that's always a great place to start.

Welcome to The Trap...and by Trap I mean this game of ours that is so addictive that I'm about in a 12 step program for it..

Pete

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

Note: This thread is 5734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Just curious if anyone has bought one and if it was worth 69-79 bucks? Seems they launched a Front 9 collection.  Links Collection | Performance Hats & Headwear Designed For Golf | melin The HYDRO Links Collection features your favorite styles with updated tech, so you have one less thing to worry about on the golf course. It features closed rear panels for additional sun protection, undervisor gel dots for...  
    • @GolfSwami is making the same error of those who simply look at Snead’s total wins vs Tiger’s. You HAVE to acknowledge the criteria is grossly favored for Snead. If you apply the same criteria for Tiger ( which FFS is only fair) then Tiger has over 100 wins.  Instead, people just say, ‘ well that’s just the way it is.’ That’s nonsense. Same with saying Nicklaus won more majors and has more top tens. Yeah, but he was playing in profoundly weaker fields. Oh..well…so what ? Jack has more! WTF? 
    • @GolfSwami-If Jack played against 10yo kids as the other 140+ players in the field how many majors would he have won?-How many top tens would he have? You are missing the point-Despite others pointing you in the right direction several times. I played many PGA Tour events-A guy who cannot quite make it on the Korn Ferry Tour today is wayway way better than I ever was. Jack was great, but Tiger is miles better-You keep making statements with certainty but you have no certainty and you are ignoring the facts to arrive at your conclusions.
    • Uhmmm, what about Hale Irwin? No, he definitely didn't say that. You don't even have to scroll back very far to see how wrong you are here. No, you are not. It's not zero. And the only insult here lately was yours: Take a break, pal. Since you like sports comparisons… The best QB from a town of 50 people… is quite likely worse than the third-string QB from a city of 5,000,000 people.
    • 1. Hale Irwin. Don't need to go through numerous other examples. https://vault.si.com/vault/1995/02/06/hale-and-hearty 2.I don't care what former athletes say, I don't care what Jack says on any topic.   But as a matter of record. Jack has never said the top guys he played with in the 70s would struggle in the 90s.  He in fact said the opposite. He said the guys Tiger faced at the top were weaker an after some hurt feelings with Ernie Els took it back.  He's even said Bobby Jones would do well.  It doesn't make him right but it what he said. 3. I am factoring in competition.    The odds Tiger would have 37 top 2s over the same span are zero. The odds he would have had 30 top 2s over the same time are not good.  You can make the emojis and insults you want. It is your site. But the odds are zero. And not zero as in it is an opinion or there is some uncertainty. It is zero as in it is an impossibility for him to have 37 top 2s.              

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...