IGNORED

I think McCain just became the frontrunner

Smallville
Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just spent 3 weeks in the US and must say I found Obama charismatic , intelligent and dignified , he seems as though he might be a breath of fresh air . Senator Mcain on the other hand whilst clearly having an immense character is not charismatic and clearly his lack of communicative abilites is not allowing him to appear as intelligent .

I hope for the sake of Americas reputation world wide that Obama does win since it seems to me unlikely a Macain government will make changes to your foreign policy that I believe are desirable.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent 3 weeks in the US and must say I found Obama charismatic , intelligent and dignified , he seems as though he might be a breath of fresh air . Senator Mcain on the other hand whilst clearly having an immense character is not charismatic and clearly his lack of communicative abilites is not allowing him to appear as intelligent .

I agree with you 100% on the first part, however on the second part, in what concerns foreign policy. Frankly both parties have the same direction, except that McCain and the party he represents are much more rogue, and the Democrats are more of give and takers.

In his convention speech last night Fred Thompson said she was the only candidate from either party who could field dress a moose. Better watch out for Obama guys. He, and his environmentalist buddies, could easily declare golf courses as environmentally insensitive...too many chemicals, waste of water. etc. And just think about how much Section 8 housing you could put on the typical 18 hole track.

In his convention speech last night Fred Thompson said she was the only candidate from either party who could field dress a moose.

The scary part is I'm sure that was considered a GOP qualification for the job, along with "clearing brush" which clearly got George W. the job.

I'm sure the "moose" remark was quickly followed up by a rousing chant of "USA! USA!". I love this country as much as anyone, but that moronic chant makes me want to throw up in my mouth everytime I hear it (I'm sure somehow I'll get flamed for that, but it is what it is).

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Obama's a golfer; I wouldn't be too worried about that.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm still undecided on who I will be voting for, but I am gonna go out on a limb here - Obama will demolish McCain in the debates - no contest.

mccain offered him SEVERAL town hall style debates, obama declined on all of them

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Xavier, you're going to a private school by choice.

not always!!! I went to private school because it was either a private school education or forced busing into the worst neighborhoods/schools in Boston

I guess I have to thank the liberal judges here in Massachusetts that thought that bright idea would work, let's integrate neighborhoods and the schools will get better... 30 years later same story, the schools are still horrible I wasnt lucky enough to grow up in small town america with a nice town center and a functioning public school

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

mccain offered him SEVERAL town hall style debates, obama declined on all of them

Yeah, because he'd rather make McCain look like a fool in front of millions of people than just a few.

I can't wait for him to use his "I'll follow Osama Bin Laden to the gates of HELL!!" line. He's such a dipsh*t.

Yeah, because he'd rather make McCain look like a fool in front of millions of people than just a few.

we'll see what happens... Hillary embarrassed Obama in front of millions of people during the primaries

as much as it hurts me to say I was going to vote for her if she got the nod, I actually contributed to her campaign on more than one occasion I just cant swallow the pill with Obama

Daniel Duarte

Hillary embarrassed Obama in front of millions of people during the primaries

That might be overstating it a bit, but she's a very intelligent woman and I like her too. She annoys me sometimes, but I like her.

What aspect of Obama makes his pill so hard to swallow for you?

That might be overstating it a bit, but she's a very intelligent woman and I like her too. She annoys me sometimes, but I like her.

I'm annoyed by his status in pop culture today, he get's away with a great deal of things that other politicians simply wouldn't get away with. People are talking about Palin's daughter but you rarely hear about Obamas references to cocaine use (in his own book). Either way, neither should make a difference but its funny what is brought up and discussed and what is not.

Daniel Duarte

People are talking about Palin's daughter but you rarely hear about Obamas references to cocaine use (in his own book).

People are talking (too much, I think) about Palin's daughter, because the issue dovetails with her political stances on abstinence-only sex education, birth control and abortion.

It's sort of a "first cast out the beam out of thine own eye" thing for those who dislike the personally intrusive moralizing and legislating that the right is given too. What's the policy position of Obama's that seems ill-advised, patronizing, or hypocritical given his admission of cocaine use in college? And for what it's worth, I don't think anyone's talking about Palin's admitted marijauna use.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Yes, I know a lot of people who don't want to be multi-millionaires because of the tax burden. *rolls eyes* Get real, please!

according to obama the top 5 percent is over $200,000. not quite multi-millionares

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

according to obama the top 5 percent is over $200,000. not quite multi-millionares

$250,000 per year .. the majority of which are multi-millionaires

I don't care much for VP candidate Palin but I think people need to leave her children out of the politics.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

$250,000 per year .. the majority of which are multi-millionaires

Well that gets you close to nothing in California. Id be willing to bet most people who make a quarter of a million a year,in California, are nowhere near multi millionaires. You could barely afford to have your wife stay home with the kid and you golf once a week on that.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Well that gets you close to nothing in California. Id be willing to bet most people who make a quarter of a million a year,in California, are nowhere near multi millionaires. You could barely afford to have your wife stay home with the kid and you golf once a week on that.

That's probably true. The bottom line, however, is that it is still only 5% of the population that he is talking about raising taxes on. So these McCain ads (and Republican lackies) saying how "Obama will raise your taxes", they are only really talking to their rich buddies. Not surprising, that's what the GOP does.

Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!