IGNORED

Hey from Detroit!

jeffgladchun
Note: This thread is 6664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As you can see I've already been a little active on the site, but I decided I should introduce myself. My name is Jeff Gladchun (bet you coulda guessed that one), I'm 18 years old and am fortunate enough to live adjacent to the 4th green on one of America's greatest courses, Oakland Hills Country Club (6 Time US Open course and home of the last Ryder Cup and 2008 PGA). I attend Brother Rice High School as a senior and will be studying at Michigan State University next year.

I am simply addicted to this game. I think about golf probably 23 hours a day and am only truly happy if I'm beating balls on the range or out playing a round. Right now I'm a 5 handicap and will be busting my ass this summer to get down to scratch because my goal is to make the Michigan State golf team in the fall.

The Sand Trap is a great website with an excellent backend and very pleasing site design. I have worked on numerous community websites and I can tell that Erik and his crew have both inordinate skill in design and passion in order to create such a great site. Thanks to them for this great site!

-Jeff

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

• Administrator

Thank you for joining! We have a pretty similar bag setup, especially if you mix my bag and Dave's.

I was fortunate enough to grow up near a nice golf course. Not right on a hole, but two to three miles away. If you're off to college soon, well, cherish the time you have left living next to that course, because unless you become fabulously wealthy (and I wish you luck!), it's probably the only time in your life you will have such a prime spot for golf.

Welcome aboard (and thanks for the compliments ).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jeff: Welcome aboard! I grew up not too far from you in the Metro area. I now live in Farmington Hills, and I get to play Oakland Hills every once in a while. You're lucky to live so close and be a member!

And as a Spartan alum, good luck making the team. They've done a great job upgrading the courses and practice facilities since I was there. Keep us posted!

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jeff: Welcome aboard! I grew up not too far from you in the Metro area. I now live in Farmington Hills, and I get to play Oakland Hills every once in a while. You're lucky to live so close and be a member!

Oh great! Farmington Hills, didn't notice you were local. Have you ever played Glenoaks? I believe its near Farmington Hills. Not a great course, but fun nonetheless and its the only one I've played over there. And many thanks for your well-wishes!

Love your avatar as well. That's one of my all-time favorite golf photos.

Yeah, it is definitely one of the best golf photos of all time. I'm currently in the process of reading "Ben Hogan: An American Life" by James Dodson and while it is quite lengthy (523 pages) it offers wonderful insight into Hogan as a person and an athlete. Definitely a recommended read for any bored golfer.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Note: This thread is 6664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!