Laxplayer201092

WITB Photo Edition!

1,027 posts / 254390 viewsLast Reply

Nike bag

Titleist 910D3 driver

Titleist 909F3 15* 3W

Mizuno FLI-HI 3i and sometimes 2i

Mizuno MP63 4i-PW

Vokey 52* 56* and 60* wedges (the 60* is dropped for the 2i)

Scotty Cameron putter, usually a CA Series Sonoma or Mil-Spec.  The custom SSL Newport 2.5 hasn't seen the course much

Putters - I removed the honey finish on the CA series

8700ebd8.jpg

506ec67c.jpg

Headcovers removed

7a846634.jpg

Here's a shot from the SC custom shop when my putter was shown on their website

POD_Gallery_2_17_11?hei=600}&wid=800&hei=600

All it took was a $7 can of naval jelly from the hardware store.  Wipe it on with a good coating, let it sit for 10min then rinse with warm water.  Dry it off and repeat.  It was really easy and doesn't hurt the paint.

I also put a custom shop grip on it b/c I didn't like the stock grip.  I still think it's the ugliest of my putters, but it makes the most putts so it gets the most playing time.

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

jaymc, wow, putter looks great. how did you get that honey finish off the cali series putter?

Originally Posted by JayMc

All it took was a $7 can of naval jelly from the hardware store.  Wipe it on with a good coating, let it sit for 10min then rinse with warm water.  Dry it off and repeat.  It was really easy and doesn't hurt the paint.

I also put a custom shop grip on it b/c I didn't like the stock grip.  I still think it's the ugliest of my putters, but it makes the most putts so it gets the most playing time.

I love the honey finish to the cali series. hate the fact that it will eventually rub off though. judging from the picture, your sonoma looks great with the honey finish off. could you post some more closer up pictures of it?

Just picked up my new 3W Friday to match the driver:

IMG_20110313_220258.jpg

IMG_20110313_220317.jpg

Now with its big brother:

IMG_20110313_220401.jpg

Now in the bag without the headcovers:

IMG_20110313_220623.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics indoors at night.  Will take more Friday when I swap out the 09 Rescue Hybrids with the 11 Rescue Hybrids.

I'll take a couple better pics this evening.  The honey finish was already wearing on my putter in several places and it's only a few months old.

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

I love the honey finish to the cali series. hate the fact that it will eventually rub off though. judging from the picture, your sonoma looks great with the honey finish off. could you post some more closer up pictures of it?

Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick

I just picked up these yesterday:

Looks nice.

I actually liked the new tm hybrids. haven't in the past. but these felt great. might have to pick up one and maybe the 3-wood as well. want to upgrade.

Driver: Callaway Octane Tour 9.5* w/ Oban Tour Prototype Stiff
3w: Titleist 909F2 15.5* w/ Oban Revenge Stiff
3h: Adams A7 19* Stiff
4h: Adams A7 22* Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter: Odyssey Black i #1

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

Sorry about the picture quality , I had to use the blackberry

Very happy with this setup, wont be changing anything for a while!  except maybe the stock mizuno grips, they can get a little slick.

IMG00024-20110123-1252.jpg IMG00025-20110123-1253.jpg IMG00026-20110123-1332.jpg IMG00027-20110123-1332.jpg IMG00028-20110123-1334.jpg