IGNORED

How many golf balls do you carry in your bag when you play?

titaniummd
Note: This thread is 5672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually carry at least 6, but about a dozen if the course is really tough. The most I've ever lost was 8, but that was when my handicap was in the upper 20's. I typically don't toss away a ball just because its scuffed up, but if it gets really bad it goes into a bucket of balls that I hit on the range.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

I usually carry 2 dozens of Pro V1x, but that runs out quickly since Vokeys destroy em.

you should really try the Callaway Tour i. So much more durable than the Pro V1x. A better ball in my humble opinion. I usually take two new sleeves. I like to walk the deep rough after a long ball in the fairway. While the others in my group are playing, I'm finding balls in the rough. I'll pick up the good ones.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I also think it depends on whether you ride, push, or carry.

I either push or carry, and when I carry I want the lightest load possible (while still bringing all 14 clubs!). So I only carry 6 balls in that case. When I push, I can bring as many as I want.

"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

I never carry 13 balls.

Great idea!!! I'm definitely gonna try that next time.

My Clubs

Driver Ben Sayers MX7
3 & 4 woods Ben Sayers MX7
Utility 3 wood Ben Sayers M86 - 9 Irons Ben Sayers NRG 200Wedges Ben Sayers NRG 200

I think I currently have 5-6 balls in it right now. That's about average. I have a box of 6 dozen ProV1x that I pull from when I need them.

907D2 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63g Stiff
905R 9.5* Accra SC75 Stiff
HiBore 15* 3 Wood Aldila NV85 Stiff
20* Pro Gold Hybrid Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLN FX
AP2 4-P,W ProjectX 5.5 Vokey Spin Mill 54.10 & 60.04 Studio Design #3 Cut to 32.5" ProV1x All #6's

I always have a minimum of 50. Beginning of august I took out a bunch of balls from my bag. There were 88 in there (and I always walk). I end up about +1 on balls every round, so it adds up pretty quick.

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

i currently have 9 golf balls in my bag, i have 3 crappy golf balls, 3 pro v1s and 3 callaway hx tour 56

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

I always have a minimum of 50. Beginning of august I took out a bunch of balls from my bag. There were 88 in there (and I always walk). I end up about +1 on balls every round, so it adds up pretty quick.

A golf ball weighs 1.62 oz. That means with 88 balls you are carrying an extra 9 pounds of balls! Even with 50 you are carrying 5 lb. of balls.

For perspective, my entire bag, loaded with everything including steel shafted irons, snacks, and 24 oz of water, is about 22 lb. (plus a couple pounds if I'm carrying rain gear)

14 new balls for tournament or $ play

30 balls ( previously played) balls for a practice round

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

i keep about a dozen "good" balls in the side pocket and about 3 dozen balls i have found around the course. My dad had 8 dozen balls in his bag last week. he decided to clean it out because he threw his back out lifting it.

In my bag:
r7 Driver 9.5*
3 and 7 wood
3dx Hybrid 17*
3-PW DCI 990 irons 56* Hooter SW CG10 60* Wedge White Hot XG 2 Ball Putter Pro V-1

Depends on whether I'm walking or riding...

If walking, maybe 8 (just in case)

Normal cart golf - may bag is a repository for balls; There may be 35 in there at one time....

--
Driver: R7 460 9.5 Stiff Shaft
Fairway Woods: Steelhead 3 and 5 Stiff Shaft
Irons: :: R7 CGB Stiff Shaft Steel
Wedges: Vokey 56 / 52 Stiff ShaftPutter: Oddysey White HotBag: R7 Stand bagRangeFinder: (Nikon) LR550Ball Prefer Pro-V1, but usually play what you just lostâ¦..

I normally fill the bag in the spring and hopefully not run out by the end of fall. I would say about 3 to 4 dozen, but I'm not against playing the good ones that I find in the woods when I'm looking for those sneaky little suckers that want to find the gopher. So actually, who really knows. I won't lie. It's probably more than I would like to admit.

I put a dozen in my bag and then let them run out and put a new dozen in there now. I haven't bought a dozen in like 2 months, but I have to before my round tomorrow.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I have a fetish for a pocket full of fresh clean balls. It gives me that secure, at peace feeling that everyone should have with his golf set-up. I kinda over prepare. Clean towel...clean balls..(no remarks)...clean clubs...I think I have an illness. Maybe obsessive compulsive!

Tools of my game:
Burner 09' Driver 10.5 Reg flex
5-pw G10's/ plus Taylormade R7 4 iron
Burner 08' 4 Hybrid
A70S 3 Hybrid Burner 09' 3 wood "Zing" SW 56 degree Fastback Laser range finder / plus Skycaddie SG5...also a great ball retriever!!

Note: This thread is 5672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!