IGNORED

My 4 Favorite Pros:: Who Are Your's?

jeffgladchun
Note: This thread is 6078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry this late, I've been busy with school and what not.

These aren't in order because I don't have a single favorite.

Davis Love III. He used to live down the street from my aunt, he is sponsored by Polo and Titelist (two of my favorite things), and when he won the PGA after his dad died was one of my first memories of professional golf.

Phil: He is the anti Tiger and I hate Tiger so enough said.

Stuart Appleby: I just dig this guys game and that fact that he has his hair grown out like true Aussie surf bum and he drives a yellow Lamborghini

Rich Beem: That little impromptu dance after he won the PGA made me a fan. He's just a guy who likes to have fun playing golf. I'm always happy to see him on the leaderboard or climbing on the back of Nissan 350Zs

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

1-Padraig Harrington
2-Retief Goosen
3-Ernie Els
4-Phil Mickelson

Driver: Taylor Made Burner 9.5*
Woods: Callaway X 3 Wood 15*
Hybrids: Callaway X 2 Hybrid 18*
Irons: Callaway X Forged (3-9)
Wedges: Callaway X Tour 54*Wedges: Callaway Forged+ (52*, 56*)Putter: Heavy PutterBall: Callaway HX Tour

1. Fred Couples
2. Greg Norman
3. Nick Faldo
4. T. Woods
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

1. Adam Scott
2. Boo
3. Daly
4. Tiger (yeah, I guess he is pretty good)
"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

sorry this late, I've been busy with school and what not.

Great interview with Appleby in this months Golf Digest. He seems like a good guy. He is not affraid to speak his mind. I would love to see him paired in singles with Phil after some of his comments. Then again, he would likely slaughter Phil.

Beem seems like a guy that you would just want to hang out with and have a few beers. He comes off as a guy that would fit right in with your Sunday morning regulars.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Beem seems like a guy that you would just want to hang out with and have a few beers. He comes off as a guy that would fit right in with your Sunday morning regulars.

I know man, he is always smiling and never seems like he's pissed. Out of all of the guys on tour, he is one of the guys I would most like to play with.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

I'll have to go:
1. Tiger
2. David Toms (we both are LSU alum.)
3. Jim Furyk (I just love the fact that he doesn't have a "perfect swing")
4. Stewart Appleby (I don't know why, but I find myself routing for him every week)
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

Great saturday game: Rich Beem, Peter Jacobsen, David Feherty.

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

Great saturday game: Rich Beem, Peter Jacobsen, David Feherty.

I wouldn't be able to take the club back I'd be laughing so hard.

Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Hard not to like the Beemer. Kudos to him for getting the job done last week and getting himself a spot in the Deutsche Bank. Gotta love his attitude about this week's event. First, second or he goes home.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Els, Singh, els, singh

Just to make clear, you mean Ernie Els, Vijah Singh, Walter Els and Jeev Milka Singh right?

In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

Just to make clear, you mean Ernie Els, Vijah Singh, Walter Els and Jeev Milka Singh right?

LOL... he answered you seriously

1. Tiger Woods
2. Mike Weir
3. Lornena Ochoa
4. Phil Mickelson

I never get sick of watching Tiger Woods. Every time I watch him, he manages to amaze me with some of the shots he pulls off. Hes just incredible.

Im always rooting for Mike cause hes a fellow Canadian. Ive seen some glimmers of greatness lately, and im sure hes gonna put 4 rounds together soon and come out ontop .

Lorena is the Tiger Woods of the LPGA. While there is no comparison game wise obviously, she is dominating the tour like he does on the PGA. She has in my opinion one of the best, if not THE BEST looking swing in golf. She's an absolutely amazing golfer.

Ive enjoyed watching Phil for years. He seems like one of the most down to earth guys on tour. My jaw drops when I see some of the shots he pulls off from around the green. You can never count him out of getting up and down no matter how horrid his lie might look. Hes got some of the best hands in golf in my opinion.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

1. Tiger Woods 2. Mike Weir 3. Lornena Ochoa 4. Phil Mickelson

I agree that she is awesome, but I would call her the Vijay Singh of the LPGA. Not to slight what she has done, but it has come at a time where arguably the greatest female player in history, Anika, has been out with an injury and is just now getting back. Much the same way Vijay rose to the top while Tiger was rebuilding his swing and dealing with his knee surgery. The biggest difference is that by all accounts she is not an A-Hole like Vijay. I look forward to a 100% healthy Anika going head-to-head with her. They are phenomenal players and it would be great for the game to see them battling every week.

The biggest difference is that by all accounts she is not an A-Hole like Vijay

What!?!? How did you come to that conclusion? I'd say he's one of the most respected players amongst his peers.

Note: This thread is 6078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!