IGNORED

Getting a new stand bag tomorrow, help me choose which one...

Note: This thread is 5713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm getting a new stand bag tomorrow but am a bit overwhelmed with my choices. I'm leaning towards the PING Hoofer Vantage but mainly because it resembles what I've already got (a 15 year-old PING stand bag that's shot).

I'd like something that's somewhat lightweight and carries well. Any suggestions? Any comments on the current Hoofer Vantage, pros/cons? Comparables?

Thanks in advance for any input that you can provide.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

That Ping bag you like is a nice one. I looked at them pretty carefully in the store.

I went ahead with the one in my sig line and have enjoyed it....very nice bag for a great price.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Give the Ogio's a good look. I was/am impressed with them.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

I've had an old Hoofer for about 10 years. I've been using a Sun Mountain to push the old Hoofer around because it was so heavy and caused some back problems.

Last week I got a Ping Freestyle. Fantastic! Very light. Today, I walked 18 with the Freestyle on my back and didn't have any problems... with the bag. Now it's a toss-up between carrying and pushing.

I looked at an Ogio (can't remember the model) and just about bought it. Your choice!

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Try the Sun Mountain SuperLight 3.5 or the Titleist X86, they are essentially the same bag, one just says Titleist and the other says Sun Mountain. They are light, have great features, and the dividers are great.

On the topic of the Ping, that bag is great, my only complaint is that sometimes the clubs get tangled at the bottom of the bag because the dividers are not the best on the market IMO. But other then that I love that bag, and will probably get one next year when play high school golf.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I've got the ogio edge, just had it for about 2 months now. It sits really nicely on my shoulders, the stand is really well built and the woode top divider is pretty cool. The making of the bag was really well thought through.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The new Ogio's are really really nice! They even have a replacement for the old rain cover that is awesome! I'd go ask for the NEW ogio's with the new rain cover, not to mention they just make great bags. I believe the bag will be the one without the snaps on the side... deffinately cool.
Check this out:
Kd3YLZhTho8

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

I also have a Ogio Gram bag and outside of the spring loaded ball compartment I love it.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Thanks everybody for your input. I checked out each of your suggestions but ended up with the PING. The Ogio wasn't bad but it was heavy and it had a lot of dividers, I'm guessing for woods. Due to the make up of my set, I just don't need all of these dividers.

Thanks again!

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Cool.

I'm sure you'll enjoy that bag.

I toyed with the idea of a Ping bag in the Atomic Orange color......came close....but happened to be in Academy Sports in Athens, GA one day and saw the Callaway bags on sale and bought one.

Good luck!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Ogio stand bags are my personal favorites -- really light and comfortable to carry -- but the new Sun Mountain stand bags look fantastic and have the 14 club divider system, which reduces bag chatter and makes grabbing and replacing your clubs easy.

The Sun bag is a little heavier than the Ogio (unless you get the ultralight bag) but the cost is comparable.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Note: This thread is 5713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!