IGNORED

Jeff Quinney -WITB

Harry Longshanks
Note: This thread is 5714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did anyone catch the "Here's What I Play" for Nickent staffer Jeff Quinney in the October issue of Golf Magazine?

Exactly 2 Nickent clubs in his bag:

• Driver: Nickent 4DX
  • 3-Wood: Sonartec (RIP) GS Tour
  • Hybrid: Nickent Genex 3DX 17*
  • Irons: PING i5 (3-9)
  • PW: PING Tour
  • SW/LW: Titleist Vokey (54* and 60*)
  • Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball
I didn't know manufacturers would give 2 club contracts. I thought irons were a minimum requirement.

Maybe that's why Nickent's website doesn't list any equipment information for its staffers.

Well I don't think Nickent makes pro level irons, but I could be wrong. I also thing they just want their staffers to play their hybrids and drivers. It seems that's what the Nickent company is about.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Lefty, Nickent makes a set of forged blades, and a set of forged player's cavities. Both sets are very soft, and don't cost that much.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I found it interesting that he was the WITB for both Golf Magazine and Golf Digest for October.

Quinney plays the Ping I5's anyway - more offset, thicker sole, etc. than what most people would think of as a "pro level iron". But, it's becoming more and more common for pros to use irons like this (Immelman won the Masters with Nike CCI cast clubs, Rocco used Callaway X-20's at the U.S. Open...). For whatever reason (I can't remember if the magazines stated one) Quinney just prefers the Pings over Nickent.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Note: This thread is 5714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!