IGNORED

Wife and Golf

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 5705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seriously, I don't see why playing golf on a saturday morning, finishing at lunch time is such a burden to gf's/wives. I reckon just make up for it after and spend time with her.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
Seriously, I don't see why playing golf on a saturday morning, finishing at lunch time is such a burden to gf's/wives. I reckon just make up for it after and spend time with her.

... says the 16-year-old. I have a feeling your opinion will be different in 10 years.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

... says the 16-year-old. I have a feeling your opinion will be different in 10 years.

Well my dad did it for 10 years and my mother had no problem with it.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Just get out there and play guys,If the Mrs complains give her some extra houswork to do.

On comming home from work my wife was dressed in a pretty little number I had brought her for valantines.She led me to the bedroom ,told me to tie her to the bed and do what I liked.
So I tied her to the bed and went and played golf

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

When I would play Golf, the ex wife would always say ...'well, you just spent $60 playing Golf, so I'm go to spend $$$$...'.. 'nuff said ?

Eventually, I'll get the hint and stop advertising, which is against the rules.

So....you work all week and the weekend is family time and you want to spend a quarter of that precious time engaged in what is essentially a selfish activity. Why wouldn't it be a problem especially if she's doing mundane chores while you're enjoying yourself?

The world has changed, mate, and your generation will not be playing guilt free golf all weekend, believe me. If you want to, plan to stay single. Find a girlfriend who loves golf (not caddiyng and raking bunkers as another poster suggested)) and you will have a lifetime of pleasure because you always have something to do together.

I ain't complaining. My wife doesn't play, so on the weekday evenings we go to the course and she does an hour or so run in the area while I hit balls or play. On the weekends I play at noon so we can spend the morning together getting coffee and doing chores, etc. Then home in time to either go out to dinner or fire up the BBQ pit.

She's been real cool about indoor projects that need to be done and is letting me spend the winter completing those. My "honey do" list is up to three pages and I'd like to think I still have another six weeks of playable weather ahead of me. Then my regular hang out will change from Golf Galaxy to Home Depot.

Titleist 905R 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher FL 13*

Titleist 585h 19*
Titleist AP2 712 (3-P)

Ping Eye2 PW

Cleveland 588 56*
Odyssey 2ball 35"

Titleist NXT Tour

28 years married and I play when I want. Its not even a debate,my wife wouldnt have it any other way, when she wants to give her opinion Ill tell her what it is.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

He has a point - I'd prefer a few good, quality hours with my guy rather than an entire weekend bumming around and only doing chores when I know he'd rather be out. Especially since we just moved to a new city, some evenings he'll drop a "let's get out and..." and comes up with some off the wall idea. (Last weekend we actually went mini golfing, the next night we hiked a small mount and had dinner on top.)

I also like being in the house alone when he's out. Lets me get some stuff done I need done uninterrupted and have some free time.

I fell in love with the game long before I fell in love with my wife. I made this clear when we met--she understands and encourages my passion. As a result, she rides the rollercoaster with me & I make sure to leave the game on the course when I'm with her and/or the kids. Since she is so supportive, it's easy for me to wake up at 5:30am some Saturdays & give her breakfast in bed instead of going to play. That always increases the number of passes I get! --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

So....you work all week and the weekend is family time and you want to spend a quarter of that precious time engaged in what is essentially a selfish activity. Why wouldn't it be a problem especially if she's doing mundane chores while you're enjoying yourself?

On the other hand, as I think about it, for starters, I don't have children yet.

And h3ll if I'd be doing more than my share of mundane chores while he golfs. He more than just helps out, during the week, he usually cooks and we both shop/laundry/clean etc. So now you have two ways he makes it up.

There will come a time when you can ask, " intercourse or golf course?" and the response will be "take a jacket. it may be chilly"

If momma isn't happy a jacket will not warm you when you return. If your spouse is more mature than you, then you will always be the child and have to ask permission. Realize that first make momma happy then you can get what you want.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

The Mrs and I play together at least once a week and next month will be retiring and moving to Myrtle so that should increase.I play 2 other times during the week once with a buddy and once by myself as a single.I work nights so I play at 5:30 am and am comfortably home sleepin by 10:00am.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Just a little update... my wife is now insisting I go to this tourney. Guess it really does pay to be upfront and honest. She has supported me 100% since I started playing, she is awesome!

Note: This thread is 5705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!