IGNORED

In need of a ball recommendation.

Note: This thread is 5691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I currently play either the Bridgestone E6+ as my main ball and overall I love it. The one thing I am looking for though is more
greenside spin with the wedges. IMO thats the main area the E6+ is lacking, but its a anti-spin ball so I expect that.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I carry the ball 240 on average and occasionally can carry 260 when the starts online. I also fight
the occasional fade/slice.

After looking online I am intrigued by the following balls:
• Bridgestone B330-RX
• Precept U-Tri Tour
• Srxion Z-URS

as they all seem to be low driver spin, hi wedge spin, and a lower compression (and I like the U-Tri price-point LOL)

Any thoughts on these? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Inside the OGIO Exodus
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

I need a spin ball for the greenside as well as my drives. A don't slice or hook very badly, but I do hit low. Spinner balls help me get more lift and carry on my drives and more stopping power on my approaches. I carry it about 210 with a low 90-95mph driver swing.

My Favorites in order are:
1. Titleist ProV1 (rarely buy those)
2. Titleist NXT Tour (usually buy those)
3. Bridgestone 330S (not sure if these are still in production)

All these balls stop well for me with my wedges. My Vokeys are broke in but not yet wasted on the grooves, and my X Forged wedge is still a ball ripper.

I've gone to NXT Tours and I like them. They aren't the longest balls out there but get good distance and also good spin.

yeah i play those as well, great balls overall.

Also if you go with the NXT Tour they are a perrineal favorite. Once you groove your distances with them you'll be set. They are available on every course and at every golf store I've ever been to.

I play both the Srixon ZURs and the B330s. Both have low driver spin and great short game spin. I've found that both stand up very well to sharp grooves (TM zip). The Calloway Tour iX is also a fantastic ball with good spin but a bit more expensive than the other 2.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

I find the Taylor Made TP Black to be a good ball. In fact I was in your same situation...wanted little spin off the tee but a little more spin around the green than the Bridgestone E6+ provided. The TP Black offers that....at least for me.

Wouldn't hurt to check it out for yourself. I buy mine from lostgolfballs.com and when you purchase from them they start to send you promotion codes for 20% off....combine that with the free shipping for $25 orders or more and you can get a dozen for approx. $20 - $25 delivered. Get the AAAAA if you want mint balls.

I personally find that the NXT Tour has enough spin around the greens, and feels great on the greens and at the teebox. I personally like this ball more than Pro V1's, and the only true difference I see is in chips and putting where the Pro V1 is superior. You should get a noticeable amount of more spin with the NXT Tour but not lose that great feel. Best ball for the money IMO, give it a try.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I wish I could tell the differences between golf balls like you guys!

I would say at a 36 handicap.

If you aren't hitting many greens and have a hard time getting the ball in the air, the worst thing you could do is play a hard, econo, distance ball. The more greens you miss the more spin you need to get up and down. Also that same spin will help give you a little lift off the driver and irons. The pros could play scratch with any ball, but the higher handicaps really need a ball to perform for them on every shot tee to green. Once you start to hit the ball consistantly enough to see a shot pattern (regardless of handicap), it will be easier to pick the ball that best suits your game needs.

I have a bag full of Pro V1s, but I find them everywhere. Never spent a dime on Titleists and have tons. Although I have so many, I tend to use Pinnacles or whatever else is in there when I play at so-so courses. When I'm at real nice courses, I break out the Pro V1s.
EDIT: I forgot to mention why I like Pro V1s. Well, simply put, they have a very soft but powerful feeling when you strike the ball, and the feel is much different than something on the other end of the spectrum, such as Top Flites, which are like hitting rocks. Pro V1s are hella expensive though, and I don't buy them. A good ball for a somewhat reasonable price, I think, is the Callaway HX Hot, or if you want to spring a few extra bucks, the Hot Bite.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in so far I appreciate it and it's given me a lot to think about :)
Inside the OGIO Exodus
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

• 2 weeks later...
Just got a dozen AAAAA Pro V1 from lostgolfballs.com, they look GREAT! Can't tell that they've ever been played. Will hopefully get out to bang some around tomorrow!

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

i really like the nxt tours myself, Pro V1's tend to get kinda squirrley off the tee box with me sometimes. the nxt's dont do that as much and still give me enough spin around the greens.

in my cart bag

Hi-Bore XL 9.5* stiff flex
Sport Series 19* 5 wood
Sport Series 15* 3 wood HBT Irons PW-3H Reg. 588 64*

I haven't seen them mentioned yet so I might as well put them up there are the Top Flite Gamers. I actually find them to be pretty soft getting great spin greenside and at only 17 bucks for a dozen, it's hard to beat.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

If you can get your hands on a copy of February 2008 Golf magazine, there is a comprehensive article on how to pick the right ball for your game.
If you like the e6+ why not try the e5+ ?
Your e6+ has a spin rate of 7,651 RPM and the e5+ has a rate of 12,140 RPM.
Everyone else's recomendation of the NXT Tour is somewhere in between at 10,612 RPM
You may want to give the Wilson Staff Zip a shot at 10,518 RPM and a bargain at $20 / dozen. It works well for me.

Note: This thread is 5691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!