IGNORED

Handicap for college golf?

Needtobreak80
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's a couple of links that may help. The second link better answers your question:

http://golf.about.com/od/juniorgolf/a/jrcollegegolf.htm
http://www.ncsasports.org/student-at...olf-guidelines
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Whats the handicap of the average college golfer(scholarship)? I don't mean like stanford players. I mean the more mortal players like in the NAIA division?

I've been told by a few people that while you must have a low handicap, most college coaches look more at tournament finishes. Can you close out a tournament when your in the lead? Can you come from a few strokes behind and win? Can you recover from a bad 9? Things like that.

Also I have heard that D3 and NAIA schools don't give out athletic scholarships, since they don't have enough money, but they do give out academic scholarships. But if that is wrong and someone who knows a little more about that then I do, please correct me.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Also I have heard that D3 and NAIA schools don't give out athletic scholarships, since they don't have enough money, but they do give out academic scholarships. But if that is wrong and someone who knows a little more about that then I do, please correct me.

D3 schools cannot give athletic scholarships but indeed NAIA schools can and do.
adidas.gif AG Tour Staff Bag
taylormade.gif R9 9.5*/15*
titleist.gif ZM Forged 2-P

taylormade.gif XFT Wedges 54*/60*
taylormade.gif Corza Ghost

D3 schools cannot give athletic scholarships but indeed NAIA schools can and do.

Okay thanks, I knew I got one of those wrong.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Whats the handicap of the average college golfer(scholarship)? I don't mean like stanford players. I mean the more mortal players like in the NAIA division?

Here's a link you may want to check out. Good luck!

http://www.collegegolf.com/collegegolf/
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Yeah, as others have said, I would be more concerned with what you're shooting in tournaments then what your handicap is. A college golf coach isn't going to be impressed at all by you telling him that your a scratch golfer or [insert any other handicap here]. His only concern is how you perform in tournaments. You can say you're a scratch golfer, but if you cannot break 80 in pressure situations you may have a hard time. I would play in as many tournaments as possible.

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!