IGNORED

Ask Your Titleist Fall 2008 Questions

iacas
Note: This thread is 5636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
hey Erik, I have a question about the 909f3. and it could be a coincidence too. but every online store i went to has the diamana blue 65 and voodoo available for the 909f2, yet they only have the voodoo available for the 909f3 and not the diamana blue 75. is the f3 with a blue 75 not available yet or did they decide to can that shaft and just make it a voodoo with the f3?

That's probably all on the retailers.

http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/fairways/909F3.asp The two stock shafts are the Diamana Blue 75 Fairway and the Aldila VooDoo Fairway. Stores should have both (I'd imagine) or they will soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Erik,
I know you mentioned earlier that you wouldn't be asking ball questions. But I would really like to know why Titleist doesn't give free rule books away with the purchase of a dozen balls. They used to. I remember buying a dozen balatas, and getting a free rule book. Surely they could do that with the higher priced balls.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

• Administrator
Erik,

They could, but IIRC that was part of a promotion. I buy about a gross golf balls per year - I don't need 12 rules books. I already get one with my USGA membership. Less waste, not more. I'd be happy if they found a new way to package balls that didn't use so much paper/cardboard - I don't want them wasting

more materials.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

the 2007 vokey wedges were great, but i heard numerous responses from players of all skill levels that they are difficult to chip with. what has been changed to improve the feel of these wedges around the greens?

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

• 2 weeks later...

Can you asked them do launch a web-fitting program? Like PING, they has a very good web-fitting program, which can let golfer know what they should be looking for when they go the golf shop, as least an idea.

Titleist launched 3 new driver, they listed description online, but as a beginner, I actually have no idea which one should I get...

Just a suggestion!

Driver: 909 D Comp (R)

Hybrid: None

Irons: Rapture V2 4-9, W, S (R)Putter: Studio Selet Newport 2Bag: TMX Stand BagShoes: :Tour 360 II

• Administrator
the 2007 vokey wedges were great, but i heard numerous responses from players of all skill levels that they are difficult to chip with. what has been changed to improve the feel of these wedges around the greens?

I can't say I've heard anything like that.

Can you asked them do launch a web-fitting program? Like PING, they has a very good web-fitting program, which can let golfer know what they should be looking for when they go the golf shop, as least an idea.

I can't say for certain, but I can guess at what Titleist would say with reasonable accuracy: get fit by a fitter, in person. A web-based fitting can only do so much - it cannot observe tempo. It cannot observe any swing flaws you might have. It cannot calculate your angle of attack, and so on.

Get fit by a person.

09 WEDGES

Hey Erik,

It doesn't really explain the difference with the 3 types of new wedges. I do notice the different "bounce areas" at the bottom of the club ( http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/we...spinmilled.asp )

1) What is the reason they made a small, medium and large bounce area?

2) What are the true benefits?

3) Will a smaller bounce make it more difficult to hit consistent shots versus a bigger bounce?

Thanks!
e

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S "B2"
R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S
'11 Rescue 3 Hybrid Aldila RIP S
      710 AP2: 4-PW DG300 S
      Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 50/56/60*

Newport Beach: Ghosted

• Administrator
09 WEDGES

Those are more like basic wedge questions... So I'll let you look for those answers or post the question in a new thread that isn't specific to these wedges.

Sorry about that Erik. I thought it applied due to the release of the new 2008 wedges. I'll do some searching.

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S "B2"
R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S
'11 Rescue 3 Hybrid Aldila RIP S
      710 AP2: 4-PW DG300 S
      Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 50/56/60*

Newport Beach: Ghosted

Ask them if they would please go back to producing TRADITIONAL forged muscleback irons like the 690mb!!!!!!! Notice Nike has come out with a new VictoryRed mucsleback that is almost a direct copy of the 690mb. When my current 690mb set wears out I will be switching to the nike irons if Titleist doesn't produce something like the 690s. Sorry the ZM series just doesn't do it for me. The topline is to thick and the heads are to big.

• Administrator
any new balls ?

That answer's

already been given .
Ask them if they would please go back to producing TRADITIONAL forged muscleback irons like the 690mb!!!!!!! Notice Nike has come out with a new VictoryRed mucsleback that is almost a direct copy of the 690mb. When my current 690mb set wears out I will be switching to the nike irons if Titleist doesn't produce something like the 690s. Sorry the ZM series just doesn't do it for me. The topline is to thick and the heads are to big.

Your measurements are off, and you've mistaken the point of this query. I'm asking them about their fall products only. And the only one I've got left to do is the wedges.

so have you asked them how come their wedge orders are so far backed up?
i ordered mine in early october and still have not recieved them

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

• Administrator
so have you asked them how come their wedge orders are so far backed up?

I can ask, but I'm not sure Bob Vokey will know the answer to that one. He may.

In the new WedgeWorks on the vokey website--- Will Bob Vokey offer custom bounce options so that higher skilled players like me will have the ability to have a wedge with intermediate bounce options like 7 9 and 11...??

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Note: This thread is 5636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!