IGNORED

Are you a digger, picker or a sweeper?

Note: This thread is 4281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by DufnerDip

who is this patrick57.. i would like to get in on this knowledge, sounds entertaining and patrick sounds like a knowitall. kinda like dj jack a lack

Must you taunt?  How about going out and hit some golf balls instead

So I've been trying to stop picking since I got back into golf about 10 weeks ago and can't seem to break that habit. I went to the range this morning and noticed during my backswing I appeared to be lifting up a little. Also on the downswing my weight stayed back a little or drifted towards my toes.

Spent about 10 minutes just trying to swing balanced and to keep a firm right (I'm left handed) wrist through impact. I started hitting it pretty well and taking a modest divot with most clubs below 3 iron. I just had to try this out on the golf course so off I went. Some mixed results with some bad shots still showing up here and there (hooks when I didn't focus on my right wrist being firm). I ended up shooting 78 (39-39) which could have been even better had I putted better.

Am I cured? Dunno but for those struggling with flipping, check your balance throughout the swing. Maybe you're missing an obvious flaw.

Note: This thread is 4281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!