IGNORED

Racism in America?

julie_m
Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I cited both sides as being jerks, thank you very much, and the article that prompted my post WAS written by an Obama supporter. Furthermore, I wasn't talking about

dang! do i feel stupid

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None more than maybe "you" are the racist? Is that possible.

A from-right-field attack on me? I'm perplexed as to both why that's necessary; and at the same time, with your sentence fragments, what you're getting at.

I vote we quit the animosity and ride this thing out. What seems to be happening more and more here is simple antagonism rather than debate, 'drive by' or otherwise. If the poster is a high schooler, what's the point in tearing him down based on that? You aren't going to convince him to present his ideas more clearly, or support his arguments by tearing him down.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I vote we quit the animosity and ride this thing out. What seems to be happening more and more here is simple antagonism rather than debate, 'drive by' or otherwise. If the poster is a high schooler, what's the point in tearing him down based on that? You aren't going to convince him to present his ideas more clearly, or support his arguments by tearing him down.

Oy, immts, I think a lot of folks are feeling pretty hurt to be asked to drop it. I wonder, is this a chicken and egg scenario...is the question of racism political or did it get political answers since I asked it in election season?

ditto, yah, let's all love one another and be friends (except for those who don't want to be my friend)

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

The big question, then, is "Do you believe George W. Bush should have been, and should be, President of the United States?" Because if you believe he should, and believe Obama should not, because of this singular reason, no expanse of words can describe your hypocrisy.

No, I do not think he should have been President, nor Clinton, nor Bush Sr. It's become where you have to look and see which is the lesser of the two evils, and decide from there. It shouldn't be that way. The only intelligent thing I have heard come out of a politicians mouth in the last 20 years was, ironically, from Ross Perot, and that was that this country should be run like a business, where every dollar is accounted for and is run on a hard P&L; system. That is the only way this country will ever erase the national debt and truly progress instead of regress.

btw, P&L; means Profit & Loss, like balancing your checkbox, only more in detail.
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Today we watched the PBS debates to be Texas' US Senator. The answers were kept short and time was left at the end, so they went into a "wild card" round with a mixed bag of questions from the panel of moderators.

Perhaps the question was referring to the emancipation proclamation?

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!