IGNORED

Carry bags...why is yours the best?

Note: This thread is 5655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the Ogio Ozone, but love the Hoofer Vantage (except the shafts get tangled). The Ogio has some sweet features like a place just for a pencil and scorecard. The straps are nice and it's light. Beyond that, I am a huge fan of the WoodE system (with a separate putter port). Though I would probably rather have a Hoofer, the Ogio is almost as good but costs much less.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I have a cheap Tour Special by Srixon, - which I'm guessing is the Epiphone of golf brands - carry bag. It's very light (a lot lighter than my friend's Taylor Made carry bag that I've tried), has good pockets that fit everything I need with room for a water bottle, has 8 dividers so enough for a separate putter slot, the straps are comfortable and has easy access to the score card pocket when it's just over one shoulder which means I can record my score while walking to the next hole. The clubs can get tangled at the bottom every now and then but not at all bad for $50.

I am getting sick of carrying my bag, I have two carry bags, both titleist.

I have the sunday pencil bag and a regular size carry one.

A three wheel cart seems to be the new thing, maybe I will invest in one?!

I started out a Ping man and am still loyal to that brand, but I just could not find a Ping Bag that really fits. I have a Tennessee Hoofer and they made a digital ADU Hoofer last year so I had to have that one too. They are great if you carry all irons and only a couple of woods, the Hoofer gets crowed real quick. The new models have added a pencil pcoket and fully enclosed water bottle pocket, but have not addressed the putter "protection" issue. Guys (and gals) that don't care about their clubs banging together and getting a little dinged up will do well with this classic.
To me, Ogio has done their homework and produces the "Land Rover" of golf bags. Water bottle pockets, a place for scorecard and pencil, fully divided club areas with putter protection, and you can load it with a driver, 5 hybrids, irons, putter and headcovers and still have easy access to any club you chose. The Grom is the fence sitter of the bunch, not "too" heavy to carry (but heavier that most) and not so light that it blows over in the wind or tips over on an incline. When I'm carring 18 I chose the Vaporlight, it gives me everything the Grom does, just in a smaller lighter package. Next up would be the Ozone, a good split between min and max.... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

Any 3.5 lb bag. I like the Mizuno aerolite myself.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

ive had 2 different ping hoofers... i agree with the above statements about the straps and pockets... i never had any trouble with the dividers untill i start driving around in carts instead of walking...

when i strap it in the cart it compresses.. which makes it quite frusterating to get my clubs in and out... ive since bought a ping pioneer bag.. although its a cart bag it actually weighs almost the same as my hoofer.. its light and has the 14 way divider (15 if you count the putter well, which i dont use)

i dig it

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

I've decided to invest in a two strap bag. I thought they looked pretty dorky but then I borrowed one for an executive course (too cheap to get a cart for a short walk) and they saved my back. It was like camping without the mosquitos.

Neil

Definetly my Ping Hoofer Vantage because its digital camo. :p

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

In my Ping Hoofer 08 camo bag :
Cobra 454 Comp 10.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 15* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 17.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffAdams A1 Pro Idea 4-PWTitleist Oil Can 52*Titleist Oil Can Spin...

I carried a Ping Hoofer for a long time and loved it. When I got rid of the ISIs, I also got rid of the Hoofer. I carried an Odyssey White Hot(made by Ogio), but it was limited in storage/pockets. When I got my new Callaway Warbird Hot, I feel in love. When carried and standing, it reminds me of my old Hoofer. I has the best divider system I have ever used, the Woode. It is slightly heavier than some, but when you pack it with :14 clubs, 2-12 packs of balls, raingear, umbrella, tees, and a couple of brews, you hardly notice the extra unloaded weight. I can see me carrying this bag for a long time. I still carry the Odyssey occasionally as a Sunday bag with 5-7 clubs.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

my freestyle is light weight, plenty of room for my clubs, balls, tees, etc. and looks sick.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Note: This thread is 5655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!