IGNORED

Whats Allowed In The Bag?

Newbie Collection Agency
Note: This thread is 6620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recentley I just purchased a Momentus(which is amazing), and for those of you who dont know, its a training aid that you swing that ingrooves the correct plain. Is this legal to carry in your bag if you dont go over the 14 limit of clubs? you dont hit with it, if i were to bring it with me to a course, all i would do is swing it 3 or 4 times when i got the chance to, like if i was waiting. So what do you think? thanks!

Decision 4-4a/7 Carrying Weighted Training Club says that a weighted training club can be carried as long as it conforms with rule 4.1 appendix II and doesn't make you go over the 14 club limit. Appendix II deals with what makes a club conforming. I don't think a momentus conforms to the rules of golf, not because of the weight ( rule 4 does not regulate the weight of a golf club) but because it has a training grip (and maybe some other things as well). So from what I can see make it conform with the rules and you can carry it. Check out the rules website for yourself.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Decision 4-4a/7 Carrying Weighted Training Club says that a weighted training club can be carried as long as it conforms with rule 4.1 appendix II and doesn't make you go over the 14 club limit. Appendix II deals with what makes a club conforming. I don't think a momentus conforms to the rules of golf, not because of the weight ( rule 4 does not regulate the weight of a golf club) but because it has a training grip (and maybe some other things as well). So from what I can see make it conform with the rules and you can carry it. Check out the

That is correct. You can't carry it unless you modify it to fit the rules, and then it counts against your 14-club limit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a Momentus also and this time of year while I'm just getting my game on track I carry it with me.

I figure I paid my money I'll play like I want too! While waiting around at tee-boxes I'll get it out and swing it a few times.

I'm not referring to while playing in tournaments or scrambles. Mostly right now I play during the week by myself. So I'll take what ever I might want to try out or practice with for the day.

Note: This thread is 6620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!