IGNORED

How many clubs would you carry?

Note: This thread is 5621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If there were no limit, how many clubs would you carry?

• Less than 14
    • More than 16

10.5 degree driver
3 Wood
2 Hybrid
4 Hybrid
4-PW
52 GW
56 SW
60 LW
Anser putter
Odyssey white hot #9 for putts inside of 6 ft, love the feel on short putts but cant lag putt worth a dime with this club. I think that is 16 clubs

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

10.5* Driver
15* 3 wood
18* 5 wood
19* hybrid
22* hybrid
3-PW
52* W
56* W
60* W w/ 14* bounce for greenside bunker
62* W w/ 3* bounce
35" newport
33" squareback

....honestly that would be too many options but I'm just trying ot make the thread fun.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

The only extra club i might put in would be an extra wedge.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I really liked only having 12 clubs... it looks good in the bag! I'd go with 13, but it's unlucky and I'm a little superstitious. If I could have as many as I wanted, it would probably range between 14-17.

The biggest addition would probably be adding a strong 3 wood. I hit 3 woods extremely well and think it would be a great addition to my normal 3.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

i usually play golf nowadays with only 5 clubs, this will shortly increase as i have a 1 iron i need to go collect.

i use

lw
pw
7 iron
driver
putter

cant imagine the levels of slow play if people had 8 wedges, hell why not just get clubs increasing in 1 degree increments from 14 degrees through to 68 degrees, so 55 irons, give me 15 woods, 55 hybrids also, 2 putters.

127 clubs - but my caddie gets to carry the bag

My best golfing buddy and I were talking about "the good old days" when we were kids just learning the game. We both had the normal kids sets of 2 woods, 3,5,7,&9 irons, and a putter. We both agreed that going back to this configuration probably wouldn't hurt our handicaps more than a stroke or 2. I am beginning to believe that it might not hurt even that much.

I am wondering what you good folks think. How much do you think your handicap would suffer with a seven or eight club bag? If you put together such a bag now, what would be in it? I am inclined to include the following:

Driver
18* hybrid
4, 6, 9, PW irons
putter
Ping Moon-lite II or Ogio Sliver carry bag

WITB - about 15lbs. of clubs, a few balls, tees, and a windbreaker

~In true gravity,

G E S

I am wondering what you good folks think. How much do you think

when playing 18 i rarely use 1/2 of clubs in my bag

besides the driver and putter... id need a 6i 3h and some sort of wedge
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I am wondering what you good folks think. How much do you think

It's an interesting idea and I have actually played a couple times this way. Having been the son of a PGA Professional, I always had a full set of clubs, unlike most of my friends who, as kids/teens, only had a 'starter set' with only Driver, 3w, 3, 5, 7, 9 and putter. A couple years ago we went on a golf trip with rule that no one was allowed more than that (7 clubs). The scores were interesting as the lesser golfers scores changed much less than the better golfers. The biggest issue I had was the flight was different and I couldn't keep the ball on the green on approach shots. Over the 3 rounds I shot about 7-10 strokes worse each round. The best golfer (a 6 handicap) shot over 100 one round and his lowest of the 3 rounds was 88.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

It's an interesting idea and I have actually played a couple times this way. Having been the son of a PGA Professional, I always had a full set of clubs, unlike most of my friends who, as kids/teens, only had a 'starter set' with only Driver, 3w, 3, 5, 7, 9 and putter. A couple years ago we went on a golf trip with rule that no one was allowed more than that (7 clubs). The scores were interesting as the lesser golfers scores changed much less than the better golfers. The biggest issue I had was the flight was different and I couldn't keep the ball on the green on approach shots. Over the 3 rounds I shot about 7-10 strokes worse each round. The best golfer (a 6 handicap) shot over 100 one round and his lowest of the 3 rounds was 88.

hmmm thats interesting... you'd think that the better players would have a better feel for their clubs by hitting full 3/4's 1/2's swings an such and knowing their limitations with each club

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I could have used more than fourteen clubs when I was thirty years old more than I can now. Back then, I could have used more short clubs. Now, I can pack all the short clubs that I need because I don't need as many long clubs.

These days, I've only got two fairway shots left in the bag up above the five iron. Years ago, I had more.

The following carry yardage estimates work well for me now from the fairway:

long fairway metal.......210
shorter fairway metal...195
5-iron:......................180
6-iron.......................168
7-iron.......................156
8-iron.......................144
9-iron.......................132
PW...........................120
55º W.......................100

With my other five clubs, I don't often hit full swing shots from the fairway.

Note: This thread is 5621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!