IGNORED

leupold gx-I

Note: This thread is 5625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys, im going to be buying a leupold gx-I rangefinder pretty soon. It claims to have pinseeking technology on it, however it never explains what the pinseeker is. Im wondering if someone who owns a gx-I (not any other models please) would tell me what the pinseeking technology is, and how it works. It would also be nice if you could give me your 2 cents on the product and if its a good buy. thanks!

just out of curiousity, why dont you just get a gps, they are easier to use and you dont need line of sight? is it an acurracy thing?

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

just out of curiousity, why dont you just get a gps, they are easier to use and you dont need line of sight? is it an acurracy thing?

Do we really need to have this discussion...again? There are many GPS vs. Rangefinder topics on here.

As for the GX-1. I have heard it is a fine product but have only looked at the hunting model at the store so I can't really comment. There is a very fine review on the main site about it. I would check that out.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

hey guys, im going to be buying a leupold gx-I rangefinder pretty soon. It claims to have pinseeking technology on it, however it never explains what the pinseeker is. Im wondering if someone who owns a gx-I (not any other models please) would tell me what the pinseeking technology is, and how it works. It would also be nice if you could give me your 2 cents on the product and if its a good buy. thanks!

What that technology does is read everything that the laser reflects from then displays the distance to the nearest object it sees. That way it picks the flag out of the background clutter, but if there are players on or near the green in front of the flag, it can give you that reading instead of the flag, so you have to use it with some judgment. I find it very easy to pick a flag from as far as 350 yards with my Bushnell (maybe more but why would I bother???

), but I've never used a Leupold, so I haven't any way to compare the two.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have tried it and it is very easy to use. for a gps to be worth the price it would have to be less than $300 and show the shape of the green and most gps units have yearly fees and they dont work on every course

yeah its an accuracy thing, since i got my distances dialed in. also lots of courses are not plotted by gps so thats also a waste.

If you have not yet read this review...you really should:

http://thesandtrap.com/equipment/acc...efinder_review

--LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

Note: This thread is 5625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!