IGNORED

Hi (Again)...

s0lid
Note: This thread is 5594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I 'officially' started playing golf in August of 2007. My buddy gave me a vintage mix-match set of clubs, I bought a cheap putter and driver, and off I went to the driving range.

I practiced and played on the cheap courses for about 4 months, and finally got to where I could hit a fairway with my drives and my score was sub 130. (LOL no lie). I think my baseball years made the beginning of my golf years much more difficult.

Then my golf buddy tore an ACL, and I got frustrated and stopped for a while. Now here I am about a year later and it has sucked me back in.

It seems like I hit everything better now, and golf is a lot more fun when you aren't zig zagging down every hole all day. And I'm actually improving this time around. It's a lot of fun, and even when I was "that guy" on the course, it's was still addicting and hasn't left me yet. Still it's much more fun when your balls go straightish most of the time.

I'm hooked.

Anyway, just thought I'd say Hi.

Get out now while you still have money and your sanity. This stupid game is so addictive. Currently I can only afford to play 1 time per week, but I read 3 golf magazine, check in daily on a high number of golf related website (including this one about 10 times per day), watch the golf channel religiously (I have 3 TV in my house - if you were to go there right now and turn them on, all would come straight up to The Golf Channel). My friends consider my trips to Golf Galaxy (and other golf stores) a trip to my dealer and where I go to be with other junkies. I don't date anymore because women take too much time away from golf (although I've not found a woman who is also fanatical about golf yet). I can't even have a conversation without some sort of golf reference.

There's bound to be a 12 step program to help you get out now before you're beyond help like me.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

• 5 weeks later...
Get out now while you still have money and your sanity. This stupid game is so addictive. Currently I can only afford to play 1 time per week, but I read 3 golf magazine, check in daily on a high number of golf related website (including this one about 10 times per day), watch the golf channel religiously (I have 3 TV in my house - if you were to go there right now and turn them on, all would come straight up to The Golf Channel). My friends consider my trips to Golf Galaxy (and other golf stores) a trip to my dealer and where I go to be with other junkies. I don't date anymore because women take too much time away from golf (although I've not found a woman who is also fanatical about golf yet). I can't even have a conversation without some sort of golf reference.

LOL that is classic i know exactly wat you are talking about. But anyway back to the origanl post welcome this is a great site with plenty of info i love it.

In my callaway.gif Warbird Bag XXT Stand Bag:

callaway.gif Driver Diablo 9*
callaway.gif Hybrid 3H Diablo 21*
mizuno.gif MP-33's 3-pwcallaway.gifWedge 60* X-Forgedcallaway.gif Putter Ruthfords seriestitleist.gif Nxt Tour Ball

Note: This thread is 5594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!