IGNORED

Happy Holidays from Chicago

SHADOWFOX
Note: This thread is 5600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi from Chicago

Hello from Chicago, IL. I am somewhat new to the game of golf and have not taken any lessons. Last time I played a round of golf was 8 years ago and that was also the last time I hit a golf ball. I am looking to go back into the swing of things because I actually have to play golf with clients, co-workers, father-in-law and brother-in-law when the season starts again here in Chicago.

I am currently in the process of putting together a new set of equipment since most of the stuff I owned are pretty much outdated and would probably get laughed at if I brought it with me at the course. Anyways, my wife bought me a new set of irons for me recent birthday so I got fitted with a new Nike VR FC Irons.

Hoping to take golf lessons in the spring. Also just ordered the Ben Hogan book that was discussed on some other thread.

Here's a list of stuff I've acquired thus far:
Nike VR FC Irons 4-AW
08 Cobra LD F 10.5 Driver
Taylormade Burner Driver Draw version 10.5 R
Taylormade Burner 5 Wood
Nike Unitized Tiempo Putter
Nike Sasquatch Carry/Stand Bag

I am excited because this would be another way that I can connect with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. Also, would like to get my daughter into golf when she gets old enough. She's 16 months old and love to play with the miniature golf club for toddlers and actually hits the ball pretty well.

Kind regards,
SHADOWFOX
Driver: 08 Speed LD F 10.5*
Hybrids: A3OS Boxer 3H(19*) A3OS Boxer 4H(22*)
Irons: (4-AW) Victory Red Full Cavity Irons
Wedges: VR PW 45*, VR AW 50*, SV Tour Black 56*, SV Tour Black 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: Sasquatch Tour Stand/Carry Bag (Victory Red/Gray)Shoes: Air Tour SpectatorBalls: D2...

For just getting back into the game, you didn't mess around and got good equipment. Of course if you have that much money tied up in equipment it might be a good idea to get at least a lesson or two. The winter can be a good time to go to a Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy or Golftec (or other places that give indoor lessons with PGA Professionals) and get some lessons. It would at least for a good way to wait out the winter (and lessons are not much mor expensive each than a round at decent golf course).
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

• 3 weeks later...
Great job on the equipment. I agree with PiKapp23, a lesson or 2 would definately be a step in the right direction. There are quite a few places in the area that offer indoor lessons in the winter.

Personally, I go to Golfsmith a couple time a week just to hit balls. i go to the one in Schaumburg and the hitting area is about 20 yrds out and it gives a pretty indication of initial trajectory. And if it's not busy, I can get the one the reps there to turn on the swing machine for me that measures ball speed, trajectory, and approx distance. I think it captures spin rate as well and a couple other things. And they have several bays and all the clubs on they carry available to hit at your leisure. It's a great place to practice for free while my fiance is shopping at bed bath and beyond next door.

Welcome and Good luck. :)

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

Note: This thread is 5600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!