IGNORED

Rock Bottom Golf

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 2877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I just won a heavy putter for 15.61. + 14.99 shipping. I was happy with the price, but after viewing some their feedback. I found out that most of people end up paid the same price. It was 0.99 until 30min before end, and gone up to 15.11. I "watch" about 20 of them, all the same. I wonder if they use other accounts to jack up the price, so the "real buyer" will have to pay 15.61 at least.

I have seen the same with 3balls as well and even if it is them bidding it up then eBay won't do anything because they make BANK off of those huge sellers. But if you want to think this is an honest world most smart eBayers wait until the last few seconds to bid. I never bid on an item until there is less than 10 seconds left

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Hi I just won a heavy putter for 15.61. + 14.99 shipping. I was happy with the price, but after viewing some their feedback. I found out that most of people end up paid the same price. It was 0.99 until 30min before end, and gone up to 15.11. I "watch" about 20 of them, all the same. I wonder if they use other accounts to jack up the price, so the "real buyer" will have to pay 15.61 at least.

I have bought a lot of stuff from rockbottom golf, some on their website (preferred) and some on ebay. I've never seen any obvious shill bidding. I do use a "sniper" program though so a lot of times I'll have my bid go in with about 15 seconds left on the auction. I won an awesome zippered neoprene driver cover last month for $.01 plus $5.99 shipping. The same driver cover here in the golf stores is $15+ so it was a good deal.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I agree. Never bid until there is less than an hour left. What is the point? I find when I bid early nothing ever happens until the final few minutes and then you get into a bidding war

Hi I just won a heavy putter for 15.61. + 14.99 shipping. I was happy with the price, but after viewing some their feedback. I found out that most of people end up paid the same price.

If you're happy with the price why do you seem not happy?

Rock bottom golf has no need to employ shill bidders. With the number of people using Ebay, stuff tends to get sold for what it's worth. If you want a good deal from Ebay, your best bet is clueless sellers. Try searching misspelled items like Callway, calaway, Tatlormade, etc. and you'll see what I mean. Rock Bottom is not clueless, they know how/when to list and the stuff gets decent prices.

If you're happy with the price why do you seem not happy?

I'm happy. I know they are not doing all work to lose money. Just the price end up exactly same for very same models make me curious. I have deal with them since 2000 tru their wedsite, and like their low price. Only this ebay thing seems wired to me.

I have bought a lot of stuff from rockbottom golf, some on their website (preferred) and some on ebay. I've never seen any obvious shill bidding. I do use a "sniper" program though so a lot of times I'll have my bid go in with about 15 seconds left on the auction. I won an awesome zippered neoprene driver cover last month for $.01 plus $5.99 shipping. The same driver cover here in the golf stores is $15+ so it was a good deal.

Whats this sniper program you speak of? Can I download it off the web?

There are a bunch of them, even online services that will proxy bid for you for a small fee.

The one I use is called Auction Sentry. I've had it for quite a while and it works great for me. It wasn't free but was really cheap, about $10 if I remember correctly. It's paid for itself many times over in the past couple years.

Google: Ebay Bidding Software

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I don't know about ebay, but the Rockbottom internet site is great. I've bought a ton of stuff from them, the best price and superfast shipping.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

I'm sure they all have people with accounts sitting there jacking the price up. Every extra dollar anything goes for, thats an extra dollar for them. I've had good luck with RockBottomGolf though, quick shipping, product described correctly.

Good place to order from.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

listen for $30, you got a decent putter, that you would have paid $60 otherwise. It is part of the Ebay game, you have to be ready to play it. I have purchased half of my clubs through Ebay, and had good experiences. You just have to set what your limit is, and go shopping.

I have seen things sell on ebay for far more than what you see at TGW or RBG. I was bidding once on a 60* Vokey wedge, that retails for $120, and the bidding went up to $132...wtf! I think that either stupid people bid uncotrollably, or the sucker, hot for the hunt, gets cought up on the game....

Either way, know what you are bidding on, research retial prices and what other discount sites sell it for, and the then go bidding.....
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Whats this sniper program you speak of? Can I download it off the web?

If you use Mozilla Firefox as your browser (and why anyone wouldn't I have no idea).. They have a GREAT sniping add on for free. It even puts a little button on the auction item that says "

snipe it ?" Here's Mozilla: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ Here's the sniping tool: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5571

There are a bunch of them, even online services that will proxy bid for you for a small fee.

I will have to check that out. I'm always on Ebay trying to bid on stuff, it just sucks sometimes when I cant be there to bid on something because I'm busy.

Thanks for the info!
If you use Mozilla Firefox as your browser (and why anyone wouldn't I have no idea).. They have a GREAT sniping add on for free. It even puts a little button on the auction item that says "

I have tried Firefox, but I use google chrome. I guess it just stuck with me. I wish they had something that kool for chrome.

• 1 month later...
Hi, i was just wondering if http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ was legit or not.....Please dont post unless 100% sure....
I am looking at buying a nike sq 5000, but want to make sure its going to be real before i buy.
Thanx!
....Brad

Whats in my R7 bag:
Driver:Nike Sq 5000 (The Beast)
3 Wood: Burner tp 14.5
VR Blades P-2
Wedges: 52,56,60 CG12 Putter: 2 Ball

I have never used it, but I have heard users here recommend it so it's most likely legit.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

Hi, i was just wondering if

I've ordered several things from RockBottom both directly and on EBAY and I've always been very pleased with the transaction and the merchandise. I would not hesitate ordering anything from them in the future.

Note: This thread is 2877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!