IGNORED

Main causes for a S-Hank and how to correct them

Note: This thread is 5600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've done some research on google and I can't seem to understand what the hell they are saying.

So, could you tell me what happens on a golf swing for anyone hit a shank?

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Ahhh my friend you speak a familiar language. I struggled so poorly with a shank it felt like complete and utter insanity. Drove me to the point of almost wanting to hang it up. Let's be on the same page first. My shank was 10 to fifteen feet off the ground, 45*-50* even 60* left (I'm lefty) of my target and supremely short while slicing severely. A miss hit of mythic and disastrous proportions. Sometimes would cut off into the woods that surround tee boxes. Yes, it would not even make it out of the tee box before firing off into OB territory. Can't be on a golf course with a miss like that. Making things all the more frustrating, was that I was always capable of very good shots and beautiful action on my irons. The shank would rear its ugly head and I wouldn't be able to shake it for weeks at a time. That's a shank in my book. Not this severe for everyone but what happens is that you're hitting the ball on the hozzle and in my case with an open face and an out to in path. My very weak glove hand grip largely accounted for the inconsistently open club face and what is typical for the hozzle is that people are for any number of reasons leaning out over the ball or standing too close to it to begin with. Horrifyingly frustrating. I've left it behind for good because I obsessed with this miss and made it my business to eliminate it. What is good for this is placing a 2x4 an inch or an inch and a half outside your ball and parallel with your target line, just enough space to allow the toe of your club head to pass through without hitting the board. Guarantee that you don't want to smash your iron into the two by four so you won't. Really trains you to keep that glove arm and hands close in to your body as you come down and through the ball. Very anti-over the top move. You'll get the feel of that quickly. Once you've ingrained that you can just use a second ball just outside of the one you're hitting. Hope that helps.

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Hybrids Slingshot 20* and 23*
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

Wow, that is a really good advice stevie. I'll have to try that.

I actually took a film of my swing, and analised it on the V1 Home 2.0 softwear that I have (hey, it's a free download) and I noticed that my yhead whnt forward when I started my downswing.

This is really frustrating for me because, especially in the beggining of every calendar year, I always tend to shanck just about every ball that I hit. Last year, I was eve shancking little chip shots, go figure!!

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Wow, that is a really good advice stevie. I'll have to try that.

So interesting man. At the beginning of this season is when I went for my first actual lessons with a pro. One of the first things he noticed was that my head would lean a couple of inches down towards the ball as a started back. It's such a bad move! Why would anyone do it? Glad to know that others have suffered the shanks. I have a buddy who would also shank small pitches and chip shots so your not alone there either.

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Hybrids Slingshot 20* and 23*
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

Note: This thread is 5600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!