IGNORED

Daytona to Orlando

Note: This thread is 5712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are the best (open to the public) courses in and around Daytona?
How about Orlando/Disney?

I'll be in Daytona for a few days and will likely be playing once or twice. Can anyone from the area, or who knows the area recommend some good golf?

I know the LPGA is in Daytona. I'm looking at the Champions Course there. Any advice? Thanks in advance....

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

LPGA is worth playing. Victoria Hills is about halfway to Orlando down I-4 and is a pretty good track but conditioning can be kind of spotty and I haven't played there in 6 months or so. Since you don't mind coming all the way to Orlando, I'd highly recommend you head over to Orange County National. They play the Q school finals there every other year. 2 courses and they're both in great shape and their prices aren't insane even this time of year. They'll treat you great there too. You can even stay over and play both pretty reasonably if you want since they have some rooms right on the facility. Here's their website.

http://www.ocngolf.com/

Have fun!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you go to Orland OCN is a must hit. Grand Cypress was my favorite course that i played while i was down there, it is a bit pricey though. Another great course is Mission Inn El Campeon, although it is a bit of a drive from Orlando.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I'll echo David in FL: Victoria Hills and Orange County National.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Thanks, I appreciate it!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

If you are starting around the Daytona Area, the LPGA is always a great place to start. You can play the Champions and Legends courses there that offer everything from very easy to "Bring your A game" type shots. If you check GolfNow you can usually find deals around 11am. I saw someone else post Victoira Hills. I personally love the place. Great layout, you feel like your up northeast somewhere. Lots of elevation and challenging shots. Orlando is one of the golf Meccas. Right off of the Beach line you can play great courses like the Ritz or Shingle Creek. Closer to the airport you will find Northshore, Eagle Creek, Stonybrook East, and Eastwood. Off of I-4 is ChampionsGate, Celebration, Falcons Fire. Around Disney, I would spend the money and play the Magnolia and the Palms. Those are the Disney courses used for the PGA tournament every year. Hope this helps.

OCN IS great, but a real haul from Daytona. The Legacy at Alaqua Lakes in Lake Mary is nice and a heck of a lot closer to you.

Taylormade Tour Burner, 2008 9.5, Fujikura Reax 60 stiff shaft, 2 degrees open
Callawy Heavenwood, 14 degree Hybrid, stock shaft
Titleist 585H, 17 and 21 degree Hybrids, Aldila Stiff 85 shafts
Titleist Tour 4-PW, Dynamic Gold s300
Titeist Vokey Spin Milled 56 and 60 degreeMaxfli Crossbax 5.0Top...

OCN IS great, but a real haul from Daytona. The Legacy at Alaqua Lakes in Lake Mary is nice and a heck of a lot closer to you.

The Legacy is a great course, but it went completely private awhile back. Granted a lot of private clubs are struggling and are offering limited tee times to non-members......I can find out if that's the case, but I don't think so. A buddy of mine is a member, I'll find out.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I must agree with "TCCcaddie" Grand Cypress is an amazing course, but expensive.Your best bet is OCN, also you may want to checkout Eagle Creek as well.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

• 2 weeks later...
Around Daytona, one of the best tracks is Victoria Hills in DeLand. It's a Ron Garl design that looks and feels like the classic Carolina sand hills near pinehurst. Worth the trip. Another nice course that has just re-opened from an total redesign is The Deltona Club. It has some nice elevation changes and some pretty dramatic bunkering. At only $45 right now, it's a pretty good bargain.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

I've never played in Daytona before (from ORL), but I'll be traveling their in the next week...any ideas on where I should play? I don't want to go to far from my hotel, daytona bahama house, their address is on their site, daytonabahamahouse.com. Any tips would be great....within walking or short drive distance is what I'm really looking for. Thanks.

I've never played in Daytona before (from ORL), but I'll be traveling their in the next week...any ideas on where I should play? I don't want to go to far from my hotel, daytona bahama house, their address is on their site, daytonabahamahouse.com. Any tips would be great....within walking or short drive distance is what I'm really looking for. Thanks.

You are staying on beachside. The closest golf course is accross the intercoastal on the mainland - Daytona Beach Golf Club. It's a 36 hole municipal goat pasture, but it's golf. The South course is an old donald ross design, short and open but small greens. The North course is longer and tighter, with some pretty good holes. You'll have to take a taxi or car to get there from where you are staying though.

To respond to the OCN fans out there, I fins Single Creek to be just as good as OCN, and it's also cheaper and less crowded. Give it a look.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Note: This thread is 5712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!