IGNORED

Need to buy some grips . . .

Note: This thread is 5586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have an original Ping Anser putter, and an Odyssey White Hot 2-ball putter, and I need to cut them down and regrip them. How does someone find out the size of grips I need for the above putters?

Thanks,

Steve

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

well, you can buy the original replacement Ping and Odyssey grips on ebay. and as far as i know the replacement grips being sold for those 2 putters would be the same size as the grips you just pulled off. thats what ive always done and ive never had a problem.

I checked Ebay first, and they have lots of putter grips, but they don't list sizes per se . . . guess they all use the same size?

Thanks,

Steve

In my Cart Bag:

I did the same thing with my Be. copper Answer. I found that at my local golf shop they had a new Karsten series grip, which is used on one of there new series of putter. The putter grip has a great feel and the color matches well with the head. It is gray and black with bronze highlights. I think that you should be alright if you go with any putter grip. Shape varies widely, from standard, mid and jumbo. There are also pistol style and traditional D style. If you want something of an interesting sort check out, http://www.thegripmasterusa.com/ You can get a nice leather grip for a little extra green.

Driver: 4DX T 10.5 Evolver w/ Redboard
Hybrids: G5: 16*, 19*, 22*
Irons: Ping Eye 2 +no+ (5-PW)
Wedges: CG12: 52/10, 56/14, 60/10
Putter: C&L flowneckBall: Z-Star

Thanks! I am thinking about the Fingerlock grips for my Anser . . . maybe a fatter grip will help my pathetic putting.

Steve

In my Cart Bag:

I just switched the grip on my Scotty today, from the stock baby-t to a Winn Jumbo AVS, haven't putted with it yet but it feels a million times better.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

both .600"....I recommend Golfworks as a great place to get either factory replacements or "upgraded aftermarket" at very good prices.

If you plan on installing these yourself...and it sounds like this may be your first time....

Use LOTSA solvent...and make absolutely sure the flat side of the grip is aligned properly.

I know a lot of people try to "eyeball it" You need to be exact when installing these.

Feel free to email/PM me if ya want some tips on how to do it easily yourself.

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

Thanks! I am thinking about the Fingerlock grips for my Anser . . . maybe a fatter grip will help my pathetic putting.

I slapped on Winn Jumbos on my Rife putters last season--late in the year. I love 'em. They have good feel, a little bigger, yes. . .but not what I would consider a jumbo. The SuperStroke, that's a jumbo to me.

They def. help me keep my wrists out of the putting equation.

I am not doing these myself . . . yet. A buddy at work, who has been a clubsmith for years, is doing these first couple for me to show me how to regrip clubs.

Thanks, guys,

Steve

In my Cart Bag:

Note: This thread is 5586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!