IGNORED

Chrysler cut back on its support of the Bob Hope

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is a gross exaggeration. FBR was formed by Eric Billings, who is currently the Chairman, having recently stepped down as CEO; Russ Ramsey, who left a few years ago to join a different financial services firm but retained a signfiant ownership of FBR; and Manny Friedman, who was charged (together with FBR itself) by the SEC with insider trading in a client's stock and settled the charges a couple years ago with a consent order that effectively precludes him from engaging in the securities business, while FBR settled by paying a substantial fine for lack of institutional control.

Thanks for the background information. I was wondering who FBR was since I had never heard of them. It does sound like of strange and extravagant that they would sponsor a PGA Tour event.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• 4 weeks later...
The other shoe falls.

New title sponsor sought for FBR Open
by John Davis - Feb. 24, 2009 05:00 PM
The Arizona Republic
MARANA - FBR Open and PGA Tour officials are confident that the event, which draws the largest galleries in golf, will land a new title sponsor for 2011. That became necessary when FBR Capital Markets announced that it would not sponsor the event past 2010. Tim Louis, big chief of the sponsoring Thunderbirds, said preliminary contacts already have begun with potential sponsors.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...t-fbropen.html

The other shoe falls.

Tim Finchem had said that he anticipates losing a few sponsors on the Tour because of the devastating effects of the current recession on many businesses, and he is so right.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Note: This thread is 5562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!