IGNORED

Whats the next addition to your golf bag going to be?

Note: This thread is 5600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be getting new irons. I have nike ignites but I'm already outplaying them in just two years. Probably getting nike vr half cavity's or mizuno mp 62. Also need to reshaft both me woods. Went from no weight shift this past summer to a perfect shift, so now both my woods (regular flex) are guaranteed to be snap hooks. Also looking to get a new sand wedge before the new groove rules go into effect.

In my Bag:
Driver: Sumo 4950 9.5*
3-Wood Titanium Big Bertha
Hybrid: rescue dual 18*
Irons: mp 62 3-6 irons, and mp 67 7-PWedges: sv tour black 52, sv tour black 56Putter: Studio Select 35" mid slant

Finally getting a new putter this year to replace my old putter I had in junior high. Will be getting an Odyssey White Hot Tour #1.
Other then that, I'm looking for a 3-iron to match my set, may look at a different driver, and one day my 60 degree may need replacing. Need to find a good deal on the hybrid my wife wants as well.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

New iron set, Titleist 755 which i will hopefully get this week. Hope to be good enough for them.

In my bag:
Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 Diamana
Callaway Diablo Tour 15º

Callaway Razr 5 wood
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 3-PW
Callaway Forged 56º, Titleist Vokey 58º

Odyssey White Hot 1

Srixon Z-Star

My next addition will either be a set of Mizuno MX-19's or 25's and a new 3 hybrid.

Dude, go with the 25's it's crazy but compared with the # of other irons on the used market it seems like the 25's are the rarest to find wich means people that buy them are pretty happy as I am, take it from a fellow Michigander and go witht the 25's and GO BLUE! the signing class looks good this year.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

Just before Christmas I went to the "world of golf," where mizuno have a custom fitting centre.

I went in expecting MP25s. After an hour of testing I found the MX200s to be far better for me. I was getting 165-170 with the 6 iron. Which I was suprised about, turns the launch angle was far too high on my Ping I3 blades.

The final set up was Mx200s 1/2 inch longer Project x 6.0 shafts. Grip was 3 wrap, normal lie angle....I got 51 and 56 degree forged wedges with the same set up...

While I was playing at my local pro shop I managed to get a free Ping bag thrown in that matches my G10 headcover.

I've already made all of my additions to my bag.

I love those Red X putters!!!!!!

It was cool seeing one gamed nicely by Charley Hoffman these past couple of tourneys. May be adding some new forged irons and new wedges this year. I'm good with woods right now. Bag is doing well, however i'd not turn down a good deal on a bag with 14 full length slots...don't want the forgings to get a case of bag chatter. Putters are great...though, I'm not ashamed to add one to the rotation...I'm a freak that way. I'll ride a putter for a few months and then rest it for a while. That may explain my 36 putt ave per round....ouch. I may take out 3 & 4 irons and replace with a 4 hybrid to add a gap wedge....I don't know....so many options.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I looking for a deal on the TM Burner 5 Wood.

Also I am thinking about getting the AP1 Gap Wedge (50* loft) to fill the gap between the P wedge that I am using quite often for full swings and the 52 CG14, that i use mainly for chipping and shorter pitches,

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

Have a go with the mizuno forged wedges....they are great I got a 51 for a gap wedge...

I don't know.. Success rate of full swings with my "real" wedges (CG14) is close to zero.

So instead I am thinking of getting the gap wedge that fits to my irons. I'd think they might be better for full swings.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

I don't know.. Success rate of full swings with my "real" wedges (CG14) is close to zero.

Haha I hear you there mate. I rarely take a full swing with my wedges... I prefer to keep things compact with a club extra.

The mizuno wedges are good, I actually think people overlook getting messured properly for wedges... They could be the wrong lenth and shaft setup..

The next addition to my golf bag will be... a new golf bag.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Haha I hear you there mate. I rarely take a full swing with my wedges... I prefer to keep things compact with a club extra.

Very often the ball lies 100 yds short of the green.

When I use a full P wedge I end up 10 yds long. When I use a full 52* wedge I end up 80 yds short You are right with the wedge setup. With my irons I am +0.5" and 2 upgright. The CG14s are standard LLL.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

God the amount of times I look back at a par five and think darn I was 100 short of the green in two and 20ft away after 3. It makes no sense. I have started going down the shaft on my PW hitting it at 70% seems to work.....sometimes...

I recently added a Heavy Putter I found on sale. I have very unsteady hands (actually a slight tremor in my hands due to ET.) The extra weight seems to be a big help keeping my hands steady on the slow move putting requires.

My next move is to try out one of the famous/infamous 64 degree wedge. Not for everyone, but I play in the Atlanta area which is very hilly. It is pretty common to find a small elevated green, that if you miss by just a couple of yards your ball is sitting 3, 4, or 5 feet below the green.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

This is the year for new irons. I did upgrade this past year but I just inherited my sons irons when he got new Mizunos. It was a ten year improvement but they are not what I want to play with to keep improving. I plan on getting fitted after tax season!

I am actually very happy with the irons and wedges in the bag right now. The only thing I have replaced this year is my 3 wood and driver. I am also looking to get fitted for my irons as well as possibly change the shafts in my 3 wood and driver. I am just pretty much playing the waiting game right now, praying to the gods to remove all this snow ASAP!!

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

A 20-21* rescue wood, a milled putter or unitized or whatever
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Note: This thread is 5600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!