IGNORED

Phoenix area golf

sam004
Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for some tips from locals or regular vistors on where to play
and maybe some good local dining.

Looking to travel to PHX late Feburary. Hope to catch a little spring training baseball, some sunshine, have a few cold ones and escape the MW winter for awhile.

Thinking of staying around East Valley side of town, Mesa or maybe Scottsdale.

Haven't picked up the clubs for a few months, so I don't think my game is ready for the $100 and up courses, although I will consider, if I can get some practice in before going. Decent muni or Public course is what I had in mind.

If there's something worthwhile, I may consider a drive. Might be going to Vegas for a couple days, if there's something on the way.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

This is the most expensive time to go to PHX for golf. We-Ko-Pa, eagle mountain, and gold canyon dinosaur and sidewinder are great, but a bit pricey right now. will do a quick search for better deals

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

check out the following
http://www.mountainbrookgolf.com/gol...golf/index.htm
cheap, has good reviews

http://www.queenvalleygolfcourse.com/

http://www.sunlandsprings.com/golf.htm

The last two are executive courses, so they fit your order of not too challenging and low cost.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

check out the following

MountainBrook is indeed a good value, a real estate golf course, not terribly challenging but in good condition and inexpensive.

Queen Valley - I have to assume that you've never played there Tex, because the only way anyone could recommend that course is if your car breaks down in Queen Valley and you have your golf clubs in your trunk, and it will be four hours until the tow truck arrives... Sunland Springs - meh. Very basic course in a retirement community. Some recommendations for East Valley golf on the less expensive side: - Longbow (Mesa) - Lone Tree (Gilbert) - Bear Creek (Chandler muni) - Dobson Ranch (Mesa muni)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank to those who replied.

How about this course ?

http://www.papagogolfcourse.net/index.html

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Just played longbow in Mesa last week and would recommend this location if your in that area, it is right of 202 near falcon field airport.

Golf Club of Estrella was great (besides the greens were overseeded), $109 for unlimited golf, included dozen provs and lunch.

I golfed Trigoly of Estancia, dont recomment it, wasnt what I expected, but it was cheap, $69 before 8am.

Try golfnow.com or golfswitch.com, have great rates and great courses too. Grayhawk was running a $99 special this month to on different tee times.

In my Bag:

Driver- Launcher Driver 9.5 Loft, Stiff Shaft
Woods- G2 3- Wood
Hybrid- Halo 2 Iron G10 3 Iron HybridIrons- 4- Pitching i10Wedges- 52, 56 and 60 Degree RACPutter- 2 Ball

Just returned from PHX (went to Sunrise Mountain for snowboarding) Almost played last Monday at Estrella. They are running a great deal right now (as mentioned above)

Papago---looks like it just reopened. Should be in great shape.
http://phoenix.gov/SPORTS/papago.html

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Thank to those who replied.

Hey man, my family is from Phoenix and I visit them every Christmas to play golf w/ my dad etc.

Golf.com had an article about Papago being "A Possible US Open" course which attracted me to it. I have to admit I was disappointed... First off, we paid ~$100 each, walking. I think all the hype gave them a little leverage to jack up the prices. (they were handing out copies of the article at the first tee box) Not to say it was a bad course, we had fun, but it still wasn't worth the money for the experience. On the 4th hole we were discussing what drugs the golf.com writer was on when he wrote the article. My dad mentioned that he MIGHT have seen potential because of the wide options for tee placements. However, I was not impressed w/ the greens, or just the general condition of the course (no yardage markers, no hole layouts @ tee boxes or on score cards, etc...). IMHO, if you are looking into playing some awesome golf at some awesome prices, take a gander at Superstition Springs and Poston Butte. I highly recommend both of those!

In my Burton bag:

Driver: G10 9* UST Proforce V2 High-Launch Stiff-Flex
3-Wood: G10 15.5* UST Profoce V2 High-Launch Stiff-Flex
Hybrids: SQ2 19* & 22*Irons: 4i-Pw MP-52s w/ ProjectX 6.0sWedges: Forged 54*8* & Vokey 60*4*Putter: Circa '62 No. 1Ball: ProV1

My Favorites are:
We-Ko Pa Saguaro
Boulders - South
Grayhawk - Raptor
Trron North - Monument
Gold canyon - Dinosaur Mountain

They are all pretty expensive. If you want something less expensive, Rancho Manana is quirky but a lot of fun.

Here are some links to my pix:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/563720024mtsCgK

http://sports.webshots.com/album/557662043DmPEmD

http://sports.webshots.com/album/557661553IzfCwd

http://sports.webshots.com/album/557662452fZmNcM

For some courses that are fun and not too expensive try

Stonecreek in Paradise Valley
The 500 Club in North Phoenix
The Phoenician in Central Phoenix, East Side.

They all have deals going right now and are a lot of fun and challenging.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

• 10 months later...
Has anyone played at the Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix?

In my r7 bag:

Driver:r7 460
3 wood:r7
hybrid:burnerirons:320 serieswedges:TP Rac Z 56*, 60*putter:Circa 62 #3balls:prov1x

Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!