IGNORED

How to get the finances to play on tour?

LongballGer
Note: This thread is 5578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always wondered how players can finance to play on the mini tours for example.

I believe a year on one of the mini tours costs $60,000+

Do all of the guys have rich parents or relatives?

How would one go about finding sponsors?

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

I always wondered how players can finance to play on the mini tours for example.

Depending on the mini-tour, it is possible that it isn't their only job. For traveling mini-tours, like the Hooters Tour, there are always ways to keep expenses down - share a motel room, eat Wendy's 99-cent sandwiches, etc.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A traditional route is to form a group of backers from your home golf club. These would be guys who think you should be on tour and are willing to put up $10K against a % of your earnings in that year. Advertising sponsors, in the traditional sense, aren't really available unless you're on the big tours. As a note, the best way to get guys to sponsor you on tour is to consistently take their money when you play with them. Then, they'll figure it's cheaper to send you out on tour than having you take their money.

Note: This thread is 5578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!