IGNORED

Best food @golf course?

PiustheDrGolf
Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just wonder what do you guys eat at golf course restaurant and what was the best food ever there?

For me, Pulled-pork sandwich with chips & Beer after front 9 will make my back 9 so smooth.

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

A public course out here in Denver has some very good chicken fingers and fries. I've gone there with friends just to eat before...it seems everything off the menu is good.

Bag: Cheapo
Driver:983K
Woods: Steelhead
Irons-PW: X-12
SW: 56* CG14LW: 60* CG14Putter:Craz-E "I Series"BallNY, NY"Chinch Bugs"

Olympic Club In SF has hamburger served in hot dog buns shaped similar to hotdog, they are delicious with a little crust on the outside of the hamburger, perfect when you make the turn.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

there is a course here that has excellent burgers or bird dogs. both for really cheap too. When I live in California, before I played golf my parents and I would go to the golfcourse near our house every sunday because we could watch the jaguars games because of their sattelite televisions. they had the greatest food vere. their pancakes were delicious.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Home course has two items at the grill that love....usually after the round...not a big fan of eating at the turn.

They normally have bratwurst ready.....put 'em in a steamed bun and squirt some mustard on them...OMG!!! They also serve a mean chicken Philly-style sandwich with onions and peppers.

Nothing better than to sip on a tall boy Bud Light and watch some sports highlights in the grill while they are cooking your post-round grub.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Unless I'm on a marathon round (>18 holes) I don't like to eat anything at the turn. If I do, it's usually just a package of peanut butter crackers or something light and simple.

After my round at my home course, I enjoy a chicken salad wrap. Those things are awesome! Occasionally I'll go with one of their philly style steak sammiches or whatever may be on special.

Golf courses are for hotdogs, pure and simple!

Some people rate courses by giving them a number of "stars", I rate them by "hotdogs". A "4 hotdog" course is a special thing.....and can even make up for a mediocre round.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would have to go with fresh coconut..hahaha.. I crack open a coconut and bring some slices to the course to eat. It packs tons of calories for energy so i dont have to eat at the course. That can get expensive, sometimes.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Hotdogs are always a good bite to choke down on the walk to 10 tee. I also like the honey-and-oat granola bars, I usually have one in the bag. I mostly only keep hydrated during the round, but I'll eat if I need to.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

My club has a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich for morning rounds that is unbelievable. Normally I just litely snack and eat dinner with the family in the evenings to get my minimum food in.

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

I can always enjoy a good hot dog at the turn.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

At the turn I will go grab one or two of the hotdogs at the clubhouse. They are great.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Best food ever, restaurant or golf course, Lochinvar -- a men's only club. Just tell them what you want, they fix it. My choice of any eating place ever.

RC

Perdido Bay Golf Club in Pensacola, FL, has a great restaurant. I'm not one to eat during a round unless it's a power bar, fruit, or some crackers to keep the energy going, but I would take the family over for lunch from time to time and the food was always great.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

For me normally a hotdog at the turn and then eat lunch with my golfing friends after the round. When in the U.K. I enjoy going early to the course for a sit-down "full English breakfast".

Rancho Park has pretty good tuna salad sandwiches at the restaurant. They also have decent ones at the 12th tee, but I prefer the ones at the restaurant.

Arroyo Trabuco also has fantastic pulled pork sandwiches. Maybe I'm bias because that's where I first tried that fantastic food.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!