IGNORED

Tour Burner vs G10 vs Hyper X...Long & Low Spin

Note: This thread is 5566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which do you prefer overall considering: Feel, distance, accuracy, look?

• Ping G10
    • Taylormade Tour Burner ('08)
    • Callaway Hyper X (non tour)

I am between these 3 drivers right now, this weekend I am going to hit them all on the launch monitor and see what the numbers look like. What do you guys think between these 3? At address, I like the look of the Hyper X a lot...I was surprised. I was originally just interested in the TB and G10, but the Hyper is now in the mix. My SS is around 95 and I usually play a reg shaft. If anyone has experience with any or maybe ALL of the above drivers, let me know what you think!

Well, I haven't gotten any responses on here yet...but on some of the other sites people have been saying that the Hyper is longer than the Tour Burner. If that is the case, why hasn't the Hyper X gotten more attention? It seems like it has slipped by un-noticed.

I messed around with the Hyper X and the G10 a bit on the ranges before making my decision to go with the G10.

It has been a super club for me. I can't begin to stress the difference in how I drive now vs. prior. Wonderful improvement. More carry, straighter, greater overall distance, etc.

Much of this could also be attributed to the fact that I went from a 300cc head to my first 460cc head with this G10. Also the V2 HL shaft is perfect for me in the stiff flex.

This doesn't mean I didn't like the Hyper X.....it did well for me....but the V2shaft option sold me on the G10.

I really like the 4 & 7 woods as well. I'm happy with my current wood arsenal.

Good luck on your hunt. It sure felt nice getting a great driver / shaft for under $300 new. Some of the new Callaway and Taylor Made sticks are $150-$200 more....that's a couple of new wedges....ouch.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Well, I haven't gotten any responses on here yet...but on some of the other sites people have been saying that the Hyper is longer than the Tour Burner. If that is the case, why hasn't the Hyper X gotten more attention? It seems like it has slipped by un-noticed.

One aggravating thing about Callaway and Taylor Made is how they'll bring a new stick to the market....charge the premium price.....then discount it hugely in short order and then bring out the next "best" thing, again at a premium.

It could just be me but it seems that folks jump on board with these only to feel like they are playing "yesterday's sticks" less than a year later....again...just my feel on it. Over the years I've owned several Callaway & Taylor Made drivers, 3 woods, 5 woods and other. Probabably will at some point again, too. Don't know if I'll jump on the R9 train.....never know, though....it could be the best thing since the invention of the wheel.
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Well bought the TB and returned it. Just didnt like it much. No exp w/ hyper X. Have hit the G10 but didnt like it cause it just didnt have that sweet fell at imact like my 909 D2. Id have to go w/ the G10 as the lesser of 3 evils. Hope this helps.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

The TB has a longer shaft, so in theory it should be slightly longer, yet harder to control. I really like the TB. I believe the G10 is more forgiving though. Try the 09 burner if you wanted more forgiveness from TM.

I was in Vegas yesterday and had a chance to try the new Callaway Diablo. Hold off your purchase until you have a chance to try it. 10/10 straight up the middle and not having hit a ball in almost 2 months. I don't like any factory equipment but I am impressed with this.

I bought the Hyper X last year and have loved it ever since.
I also got to demo both the TB and the G10, and still like the X better.
The only thing to warn you is the fugikura fit-on shaft is built for a high launch, if you don't need that.

What's in my sweet Sun Mountain Bag
Driver: 10.5 SuperQuad
3-Wood: Burner
5-Wood: G10
Hybrids: 23 26 Gold Pro Irons: Slingshot 6-A Wedge: 54 & 58 Scratch  Putter: White Ice #1 Gotta have balls: Vapor

I play the G10 with a V2hl xstiff shaft. Best driver I have had. It's super long and really forgiving. I increased my driving distance by at least 15 yds and hit a lot more fairways. I recently switched from a taylormade r7 425 and the ping was considerable longer and straighter. I highly recommend the g10.

Driver: Ping G10 V2 shaft
Fairways: Taylormade R5 15*
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx V2 shaft
Irons: Cobra Carbon cb 3-P
Wedges: Cleveland CG 12 54*, 60*Putter: new one every week

Does it all pretty much come down to the shafts though? I mean, I know there are people who like 1 of these 3 drivers more than the others...but they are all pretty good, right?

I was in Vegas yesterday and had a chance to try the new Callaway Diablo. Hold off your purchase until you have a chance to try it. 10/10 straight up the middle and not having hit a ball in almost 2 months. I don't like any factory equipment but I am impressed with this.

Interesting. Their Diablo hybrids were recieving high praise in recent golfing magazine club reviews.

I wonder when the release dates are???

Note: This thread is 5566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!