IGNORED

Do you follow the LPGA Tour and watch it?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To date Michelle has not won a single thing since she's been playing golf at the highest level, so i'm not convinced she can win under pressure yet. Her best chance to win is if she has a huge lead going into the final round where she doesn't have to shoot 2 or 3 under. She has not done well in final rounds where she's had a chance to win. I could be proven wrong today and I hope i am cause I recognize she's important for the LPGA. If she keeps putting herself in these situations where she plays in the final group she'll evenutally figure out what it takes to perform under real pressure. If she wins today than I think she'll win many more time this year. But I think Angela wins this one, she's playing really well since the end of last year and she knows how to win.

To date Michelle has not won a single thing since she's been playing golf at the highest level, so i'm not convinced she can win under pressure yet. Her best chance to win is if she has a huge lead going into the final round where she doesn't have to shoot 2 or 3 under. She has not done well in final rounds where she's had a chance to win. I could be proven wrong today and I hope i am cause I recognize she's important for the LPGA. If she keeps putting herself in these situations where she plays in the final group she'll evenutally figure out what it takes to perform under real pressure. If she wins today than I think she'll win many more time this year. But I think Angela wins this one, she's playing really well since the end of last year and she knows how to win.

You are right---the more that you are in the final group and in the "pressure cooker", the better that you learn to handle it. Do you remember last year when Paula lost in the playoff to Annika and admitted that her hands were shaking when she held the putter? She came back the next week, and won in another playoff, I believe.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator
so i'm not convinced she can win under pressure yet.

Everyone gets their first win sometime. She's handled pressure relatively well, IMO.

I'd give her about a 50/50 shot at winning today. Only four people have a realistic chance, after all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are four main reasons:

After doing a bit more reading, beside the points you mentioned, it seems like Se Ri Pak joining the LPGA in the late 90s inspired quite a few south korean kids/parents to became playing pros.

Regarding the work ethics - just yesterday Paula Creamer was quoted, that American female golfers just dont do enough to be really dominant on the LPGA tour.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

What i was always wondering - why are there so many foreign players from South Korea compared to other countries. According to this -

I spent four years of my early childhood growing up in S. Korea. I remember going to the ice skating rink with my folks for a casual skate around with my sister. There were a group of about six S. Korean girls skating with an instructor. The instructor carried a cane and would wack their legs if their form faltered. They looked tired, but continued to practice on their skating methodically for hours. It is my impression that S. Korean female athletes are not coddled like they are in the US and other countries. Not saying that hitting someone with a cane is appropriate, but that sort of tutoring results in a tough as nails athlete (if they mentally and physically survive that kind of pressure). They grow up to be as tough, if not tougher than most men over here.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

After doing a bit more reading, beside the points you mentioned, it seems like Se Ri Pak joining the LPGA in the late 90s inspired quite a few south korean kids/parents to became playing pros.

Paula is right, and I am glad that you brought up the name of Se Ri. What I am about to write backs up the post of "uttexas" on this thread: If I remember correctly, when Se Ri was growing up, her Dad wanted to train her to be a great professional golfer. They lived in a multi-story apartment building and he had her run up and down the stairs a number of times to make her legs strong, and give her excellent stamina. When Se Ri came over here and won a couple of majors, I noticed how strong her legs looked. When I read about her Dad, I understood why they did look like a runner's.

Success stories in today's SBS:

1. Angela Stanford---three great rounds, capped with a 70 today to out-duel Michelle.

2. Taylor Leon---tied for 10th, and a 72 today in tough conditions. I had mentioned her name earlier in this thread, and she has to be very pleased with her performance!

3. Natalie Gulbis--tied for 10th as well, with each round better than the one before: 74-71-70.

Michelle did not "get the job done", but let us be fair here. She played pretty well, and gave herself a chance to win. She lost to an excellent veteran in Angela, so there is no shame in that. I still think that Michelle will have a good year.

Success stories in today's SBS:

She might. But that first win is a tough one.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

She might. But that first win is a tough one.

You are right about the "first win". I still remember when Tom Watson was labeled a "choker" when he first came on Tour because he would falter in the final round. And the longer it takes to finally hoist the trophy, the more the pressure and frustration build. Look at Natalie---she was so relieved to get her first victory in 2007, and yet has not won since. When it comes time for a Major, we know the media will surround Paula and ask, "Are you FINALLY going to win one?"

If Michelle gets that first victory soon, she will be spared all the questions. If she does not, then she knows that she will be hounded as the "can't miss who now can't win".

I definitely like to watch the LPGA. I can learn a lot from them. Watching the PGA is pure entertainment, I'm not going to take anything away from that.

Driver: 905r 10.5
3 - Wood: 15degree
hybrid: heavenwood 20 degree
Irons: MP - 32 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 54 and 60Putter: Anser 2 Belly

I definitely like to watch the LPGA. I can learn a lot from them. Watching the PGA is pure entertainment, I'm not going to take anything away from that.

I agree with you!

Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!