IGNORED

Do you follow the LPGA Tour and watch it?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have noticed that threads about the LPGA Tour do not elicit many responses. Is this because few of the people here really follow that Tour, and care about what happens? Personally, I enjoy watching them on TV or in person (Women's Open, Corning Classic, Wegman's, etc.). My clubhead speed is only 92 mph, and my drives carry only about 226-230 yards, so I can identify with the gals more than I can with the big hitters on the Men's Tour. Plus, I think watching Natalie, Paula, Cristie, Laura Diaz, Suzann Pettersen, Michelle, are much more interesting and they are so good-looking and charming (although Paula and Suzann have been known to be fiery competitors and say some "bad" words).

Do you watch the gals, and do you have one or more favorite players, and if you do, why did you pick that player(s)?

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I really enjoy watching the LPGA. They have some really talented golfers and that some of them are smokin' hot doesn't hurt. I love the fire some the women bring to golf. Think that is why Paula and Morgan are two of my favs.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Have to admit, I don't care to watch it.

Like you, I can relate to their games a heckuva lot better than I can the men, but that's kind of the point. I want to be amazed by people doing things that I can only dream of. I just don't get that from women's golf.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will watch it simply because it is golf and they have a decent product with some good stars. I will take any tournament with a good tight battle down the stretch and watch it. And I like to watch some good looking women golfers play too.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I don't usually catch all of the live broadcast's during golf season but any replays on the Golf Channel I do watch them. I am amazed at the way many of the women can swing what I can only describe as slow speed and still out drive me on my best day. I have tried to swing slower and hit it farther, but my shot just dribbles out there about 175 yds. I do love the fire that Suzann Pettersen has when she play's and like everyone else ,that sometimes gets her in trouble. YES I am an LPGA fan Don't get me wrong watching and learning from the PGA Pro's is good but when the round is over and 70% of them are bald or balding with this white head above a tan face I mean come on, sun tan that chrome dome. Truthfully if the guys where on tv oppisite the ladies I would watch the LPGA, and against the Champions tour hands down it would be the LPGA. I guess watching a beautiful play great golf is not a bad thing.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

While I do not watch it a lot, I will stop on the channel it's on when I'm channel surfing because it's golf. My Dad is a PGA Pro and has always said that people should watch what the women on the LPGA Tour are doing as opposed to the men on PGA Tour (or Europeon or Nationwide Tour). He says the women often tend to me more fundamentally sound with their games, plus they hit distances and shots that are a lot closer to what the average player does - that's not to say the the average 5 handicap can compete and/or beat them, but the shots they hit, the ball flights and distances are closer and possibly more attainable.

They are definitely very highly skilled but the LPGA Tour lacks pizzazz and a good percentage of the players lack charisma or personality. Good to see girls like Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel and Natalie Gulbis (and to some degree Michelle Wie) have those skills to go along with their golf skills. I think, sexist though it might seem, these are the types of girls that could help the sport grow because men will watch attractive women do anything for at least a short period of time and if they are good those viewers may be inclined to watch longer (this kind of happened with women's tennis a few years ago). Not to mention that these are the type of players that make golf seem 'cool' to young girls growing up and could draw more into the game.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I will watch them on the golf channel from time to time. I think that the golf is often better than the golf on the PGA...it doesn't get better watching good looking woman play a great sport.

Elchene - I think your signature needs some fixin'. 8 over on 9 holes is definitely not 80. LOL...;)

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I love the LPGA. Who wouldnt want to watch a bunch of women who are not only beautifull (in the case of Creamer, Gulbis and Kerr) but are also great golfers?
Granted, these ladies may not be crushing 300-yard drives, so what? Its still great golf.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I watch the ladies pretty regularly, and have my favorites. That there are so many cuties on the tour now certainly can't hurt the ratings.

Driver: Titleist TSR1 12*

5 Wood: Titleist TSR1 18*

9 Wood: Titleist TSR1 23*

6 Hybrid: Titleist TSR1 26*

Irons: Titleist T350 5-W2 23*-53*

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM8 56.14F*

Putter: Titleist SC Super Select Newport 2

I enjoy watching the tempo and flexibility of their swings. The easy pin positions do get tiresome. I always liked Grace Park

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I really enjoy watching the LPGA. They have some really talented golfers and that some of them are smokin' hot doesn't hurt. I love the fire some the women bring to golf. Think that is why Paula and Morgan are two of my favs.

Thanks for the post. I made a mistake in not listing Morgan Pressel as one of our favorites. Boy, is she a spirited competitor!! And, since she lost some weight, she is a cutie!!

I watch it. Here is one that I like and is moving up fast. Cute too.

Katherine came "into her own" last year, and had one great season! She is fun to watch. Thanks for posting the photo.

Thanks to all who posted replies. I had a feeling there were some good, loyal fans of the LPGA Tour on this forum, and I am glad to see that I am right. Many times, I have watched the gals, and not bothered to watch the guys when both are playing on the same weekend. One great development for the women is that the Women's British Open is now played on the same courses in the rota of the Open Championship. As Juli Inkster and others have said, that has elevated the status of that Championship, and the women really do appreciate that.

Note: This thread is 5566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!