IGNORED

Momentus Power Hitter

jmurdock
Note: This thread is 5567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Though I haven't personally tried it, any weighted club will help your swing significantly so long as you practice with it a lot. Of course judging by your driver and your handicap I doubt you'd need it as a training aid, just to build up the muscles you use to drive with.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

Practiced with it today for the first time in about a week. Tee'd off at the first hole and hit a 315 yard drive. Though, I'm pretty sure it's just coincidence, this is indeed my furtherst drive considering the overall flatness of the hole (My record is about 340, but with a significant terrain boost.)

I've only measured my swing speed once on a Launch Monitor at Golfsmith a few months ago and couldn't seem to break 100 in 5 tries. Though high 90's were easy to obtain. I've changed my swing a lot since then I'm sure as I've only been playing since August (you should also factor this fact into my overall review.) I tried the Senior Power Hitter at Golfsmith and it felt a bit light (though still heavy.) I wanted the 310, but the momentus guy I talked to, told me I should go with the 275 -- that's the one I picked. So far I'm happy with it... feels nice.

Regarding driving with the power hitter, I can carry the ball over 200 on fluid shots easily... I don't think I've carried it past 230.

Anything you want to know specifically. I'd be happy to go into detail about my experiences as I've been mentally logging my Power Hitter experience.

For now... this is what I've come up with as the Definite results attributed to the power hitter:

--Driving Trajectory increased dramatically while maintaining similar distance to what I was hitting before. Prior to the Power Hitter, I'd either hit low drives that shot out and rolled forever... or skyballs that didn't go too far. Now, my "skyballs" go much further. And those super low drives that rolled forever turned into proper looking drives that carried in the air instead of the ground.

--It's a huge mental help. When the driving goes to crap and I don't know why... going to the range with the power hitter.... at the very least, I can at least hit proper drives with the power hitter and try to reset and re-groove my swing with the normal driver.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Ryo- Does it help you get into the "slot" and come from the inside? I have been coming over the top a little. My misses are high and right.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

Hmm... I wouldn't say it helps on it's own... but the feedback is better.

An example being that I liked to come over the top and outside in. So I had very high spinny drives that sliced.

Since using the Power Hitter I don't remember the last time I topped a ball with the driver. So I guess it helps with that. My drives are relatively straighter now... the slice isn't nearly as bad and scary as before. I even hook and draw some every now and then... but I think that's from the change in my technique.

What I believe the Power Hitter helped me with was REALIZING what I was doing so I can change it on my own. I believe it's built in a way to work with an ideal swing. So if I start casting, or using my arms before clearing my hips... I can physically sense that things are off -- whereas before... I had no idea I was doing it other than because people I play with pointed it out.

Not sure if this helps?

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Anyone else have experience with the Power Hitter??
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

i have used it and it works well for the back swing, but once it swings down, it swings itself. its so heavy that it leads the body into the finish meaning that ITS SWINGING YOU, not the other way around

try the power swing fan. much better for creating speed through impact, where it really matters.

Note: This thread is 5567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!