IGNORED

Tiger and Steroids

Smhockey
Note: This thread is 5525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dont know what difference steroids make to athletes in golf anyway?.....even if TW is on steroids or has been taking steroids there's no way that he can be stripped of his trophies anyway (the power does not exist to my knowledge). And in any case, he could only be stripped of the trophy/prize money won before the drugs test..no more than that.

Has Tiger ever been tested for drugs?....it's not fool proof anyway because there are drugs that can mimmick the presence of steroids in the blood stream.

I would be more suspicious of a player whose game has improved dramatically over the last few years rather than Tiger. Tiger has been great for a long time and was winning loads of trophies long before he got stocky.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to touch the Tiger and steriods theories.

Yes, it did start last year, in July...right after Tiger left. It had been announced it would start at that time. I don't want to say he did or didn't, but fact is fact...he was 148 lbs when he won the masters in '97. then sometime in the 2000's he put on over 40 lbs of lean muscle in 3 years...ask any trainer, you have to be a freak of nature and maybe even more to do this.

Funny, no one mentioned he weight loss upon his return..i am guessing it is an easy 15lbs if not 20lbs. In an article from like Nov or Dec in Golf mag (i think) there was a guy who had interviewed Tiger and made a comment about how much weight he had lost. I am not saying, I am just saying it is a little fishy to walk away from the game 2 weeks before they start testing on a leg you won several tourneys on.
My Sticks
Driver - Adams Tech A4 9.5* Matrix Xcon 7 X flex 266 Freq
3Wd - Exotics CB2 15* Motore F1 S flex tipped to 275 Freq
Hybrid - Taylormade Rescue TP 17* & 21*
Irons - 4 thru PW Mizuno MP 62 +1/2 X100 shaftsWedges - Vokey 52* and Scratch Golf WLD grind 58*Putter - Rife IBF Tour Assie custom fitGri...

I'm sure you believe Neil Armstrong didn't walk on the moon, and Elvis and JFK are living in Cuba.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

I just recently tore my ACL and had surgery in late November. I can assure you that he could play while his knee was shredded. I had some of my best ball striking while pre surgery. And in my 2 rounds since my surgery, I've picked up right where I left off (82 and 85 on par 72). I can't speak for the fracture, but from an ACL standpoint, what he did is completely possible and no reason to accuse him of steroids.

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP

...and Elvis and JFK are living in Cuba.

I heard 2Pac is their neighbor...

In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

I think speculation is a risky endeavour. Maybe a safer thing to discuss is how hitting a drive 300 yards emits a touch more carbon dioxide because of all that extra metabolic activity.

So you're saying... Tiger Woods is responsible for global warming!!!

Tiger Woods workout is incredibly intense. I don't have personal knowledge of what Tiger puts in his body but him bulking up at the pace is not insane. It's just that you don't see a lot of golfers that can bulk up like that.

T.M. O'Connell

What's in My Bag
Driver - 909 D2 9.5 degree
3 Wood - 909 F2 15.5 degreeHybrid - 909 H 19 degreeIrons - AP2 w/ Rifle 6.5Wedges - BN 60.04 & 54.11Putter - Pro Platinum Plus

I look at it this way. What 'best quality' has the media given Tiger? His mental strength. A characteristic that must be strong with mental strength is emotional control, which goes out the window with most anabolic steroids. I have not seen Tiger lose his temper let alone let go of his emotions during competition. He has an intense workout plan and I don't think Keith Kleven (Tiger's trainer in vegas) would risk his reputation putting TW in the same boat as Bonds and others.

I DO think we would all be naive to this that someone out there hasn't dabbled in the juice. DD worked out hard when he was #1 and then it disappeared just as fast as he did. Is there anyone else with a crazy workout plan that might need to recoup faster? is it over the counter in Fiji?

... he has something much better than steroids.

Yeah! A hot wife!![/QUOTE]

Yes exactly!

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

I don't understand what steroid has to do with golf....maybe hit a little further?....mind is gonna be tougher?......more accuracy?......putting better? or what......

Even he's really using it, why bother? but I don't think he uses it.

For me, steroid obviously shouldn't be used in any contact sports such as Football, Ice hockey, etc.

and to gain that much weight over years, is possible. I used to be in a PE class in high school, where we had only football players, and the teacher was the football coach !!!! it was increrible how hard these guys workout. I gain 2 inches in height, and 10 pounds in weight.

Driver TP Burner 8.5* Stiff
3 Wood SQ 15* stiff
5 Wood SQ 19* stiff
Irons MP 67 (3-PW) stiff
Wedge 52* and 56* stiffPutter Mtisushiba Ball

• Administrator
I don't understand what steroid has to do with golf....maybe hit a little further?....mind is gonna be tougher?......more accuracy?......putting better? or what......

Recovery time after a workout, for one thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Recovery time after a workout, for one thing.

FWIW a protein filled diet combined with whey protein supplement shakes after every work out will dramatically decrease recovery times between work outs, steroids are not the only way to decrease recovery times.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Steroids can make you putt end of story.

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Putting steroids dropped my handicap, and they do decrease recovery time for lag putts only.

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

Putting steroids dropped my handicap, and they do decrease recovery time for lag putts only.

yea i herd they give you "super feel" on lag putts tho so much so that lag putt becomes a misnomer

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

FWIW a protein filled diet combined with whey protein supplement shakes after every work out will dramatically decrease recovery times between work outs, steroids are not the only way to decrease recovery times.

A protein shake helps recovery by 3-5%. Steroids decrease recovery time by 80%.

Well, coming from a former steroid user (I cycled for a year in college)I can honestly say you'd probably have noticed a change in him and not over 10 years!!!!! He's not even huge. That's the funny thing. He's got mass, but he's far from HUGE. Barry Bonds is huge. Tiger is just ****in ripped ass. But back to my experience. I cycled it 2 months on 2 months off for a year straight and I gained 40 pounds of lean muscle mass. IN A YEAR! Which is unheard of clean. As for recovery times...I can honestly say that I don't notice a different in recovery times between taking Parabolan (steriods) or taking creatine, beta-alanine and citrulline malinate which are all LEGAL supps. So I'd be willing to bet my house on the fact he didn't take steroids.

Steroid users: Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, Miguel Tejada, Mark McGwire, Jose Can****o, etc...etc... all have 2 things in common. 1: it's a fact they all took steriods 2: They all gained extreme amounts of muscle and weight in a 1-2 year span. NOT 10 YEARS!

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Note: This thread is 5525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!